Iloilo diving and resorts???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The diving is very good. Now, that is a judgement based on the "natural wonders" in our area. If you are wreck-kind-of-diver then we do not offer wrecks (yet......that's right...yet). We have a lot of pelagic traffic as well. The water is normally very clear (25-50 meter viz). The winds dictate water characteristics on the surface. The marine life is incredible. All of our dive sites are very conservative. We do not have "washing machines" or "blue holes". We do have a good variety of air breathing critters as well. We are still discovering dive sites and typically never dive the same place twice in the same day (wind and surface conditions change). We have zero diving pressure and little fishing pressure. Food for thought.

I went to Eagle Point last July for that reason, family oriented.

I was so disappointed with the dive shop. I was not happy with the way they ran the shop. Boat was an hr late. The first DM showed up late and turned out his cert was expired or pulled so had to wait for another to come. The second DM was great and had the entire boat to myself. That was the only plus.

For diving no way I would recommend this place.

Firstly I'll get my Eagle Point whinge out of the way :) Yep - totally agree with Eagle Point as a non-diving location, the dive shop there is a real cowboy outfit with many of the dive guides, note 'dive guides' not DMs :wink:, really aren't up to scratch.

I remember my trip there involving someone who required standing on the bottom/corals as part of their buoyancy and then thumbing the dive at around 30m because 'they felt weird' - back on the boat it turns out it was the first time they had been on 'such a deep dive'..... Hmmm - and the shop has the cheek to charge 900 Php per dive for the guide :shakehead:

The Resort is okay otherwise but the dive shop is a bit of a mess, when we mentioned it at the reception we were told it's run by another company who rent from the hotel hence there was not much they could do......

And back to the thread topic - if you can squeeze in both locations there's the new Korean resort open at Secret Bay in Anilao, Seas Spring - they have a great set of pools, slides and even volcanic hot spas for the non divers! Seems reasonable too, 3000 Php per room per night with breakfast for two (I think) - No diving there, but with the Planet Dive 'day trip' only 2 minutes away for the divers that shouldn't be a problem! :wink:

Can't comment on the Antique diving but the general posts on here seem to suggest it's looking good!

Karl

Back
Top Bottom