Iloilo diving and resorts???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olyvtx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like I'll be back to Phils this spring and looking for advice about diving and staying in Antique or anywhere around Iloilo. Whats the best diving there?

I have 2 choices...take asawa ko family(probably about 10 people) to a nice resort for relaxation and diving around Antique. Or, swing by Anilao with asawa ko and kids for a couple days before we return to the States.

bring on ur suggestions plz. i hope babyd can comment...

You can't do both? :)

For Antique, BabyD operates with phaidon resort: Phaidon Beach Resort

For Anilao, Eagle Point Resort is a family oriented resort...there was a thread a couple years back enumerating the family friendly resorts.

I went to Eagle Point last July for that reason, family oriented. I was traveling solo but met up with my friends who had a bunch of kids. Spent 2 nights there before going to PG. The kids loved the pool.

Rooms were just OK
Nobody liked the overpriced food
You are stuck eating at the resort since its so far from the road.
If you bring any food or drink you have to pay a fee
I was so disappointed with the dive shop. I was not happy with the way they ran the shop. Boat was an hr late. The first DM showed up late and turned out his cert was expired or pulled so had to wait for another to come. The second DM was great and had the entire boat to myself. That was the only plus.

For diving no way I would recommend this place.

yes, thanks guys. im very familiar with eagle point and diving in anilao. im looking for feedback on diving in antique area. is it worth it?
Hi there!

I've a friend, Chris Ng, who runs a very basic dive resort in Antique. I've yet to try it out, but I hear it's quite nice and the dives can be very interesting. Check it out HERE. Lemme know if you do get to dive there!

Hi there!

I've a friend, Chris Ng, who runs a very basic dive resort in Antique. I've yet to try it out, but I hear it's quite nice and the dives can be very interesting. Check it out HERE. Lemme know if you do get to dive there!

I know the "Chinaman" too. :D He has my old balsa wood surfboard. And yeah, the Divehouse is a great spot. I've been diving there since about 95 and the locals created a marine reserve off the north side of Nogas Island. Lots of fish. Unreal place. The owner's family also owns Isla Naburot on Guimaras. They are great hosts at both resorts. Good food, nice rooms...very nice design. Wish I was going there too...maybe soon. You'll have a great time for sure.

The diving near Iloilo City isn't very good. Even Guimaras has the effects of the shallow sea and lots of agricultural runoff from all the rice lands of southern Panay. Once you reach Tiolas though, it starts getting better.

Antique diving.....wow, many options there. We have some very exclusive dive locations. Most of our area has zero dive pressure. The challenge is "the getting there part". I recommend our partner resort for lodging in our area. Look at Phaidon Resort (Pandan) for your lodging and diving needs.

thanks for the replies. seems there is only the 2 options on Panay for dive outfits...Panay Explorers and Diverone. Both would be equally far from where i will be staying, so travel and "getting there" is gonna be about the same.

Is the coral, sea life and macro as good as Anilao area?? I know that babyd has been working hard to create artificial reefs out there.

And how is the water there? Being its more exposed to the Sulu sea are the boat trips to the dive sites generally more choppier?

can anybody here describe the type of dive in antique? wanna try it soon

can anybody here describe the type of dive in antique? wanna try it soon

The place itself is mostly agriculture and fishing. Not a real touristy area except for Baby Damulag's place in Culasi.
I've dived a lot of spots from Tiolas to Lawigan around the point of southern Panay to Anani'y. Also been north from there to a nice drop off just south of San Jose. Then up to Culasi and out to Maniguin. Lots of variation in the diving. Some walls, some flat reef. I think there's lots of undiscovered diving there. My friend Boy Saldana and I would go into fishing villages and pay the little paddle bankas to take us to where they caught fish. We would jump off and dive. Found some really good spots like that.
But for a sure bet, contact the Dive House. http://www.thedivehouse.com/underwater.html
They have been finding new spots for the last 3 years. I took a depth/fish finder to Boy and he's putting it to good use. I was there 3 times in the last 4 years and went to new spots every time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom