Illegal dumping of lead/arsenic into waterways by SeaSoft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would also like to point out LnI, Ecology, Thurston county sheriff's all know who is behind this account.
We have talked about this in detail.

the patent case is nothing to say anything, lots of patent troll in dive industry that have put patents on stuff with LOTS of previous art

I read the patent complaint filed by Aqualung, i reviewed the included patent diagrams, and looked at examples of the Seasoft Nite Edge knife and sheath that Aqualung's complaint states infringes on their patent....I don't see it, what am I missing?

-Z

I dont believe this account is a sock. This accounts goal is to highlight this case. There is no agenda beyond the fact that what bruce has done is inherently wrong and the diving community deserves to know.
No one on this account has any stake in the diving business beyond being divers ourselves. We do not sell diving goods or services.
In these times of covid, protests, riots, shootings, news can get lost in the sea of chaos. Highlighting this news in a place it's relevant insures the information hits ears that deserve to know.

Seasoft's issues is not something that affects the world's diving community. I don't recall if Bruce if is specifically named in the lead disposal/pollution complaints. If not and If Seasoft is incorporated or a LLC you could be considered libelous in your insistence that Bruce has done something "inherently wrong".

-Z

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Please stay on topic. If you have an issue with a poster, please use the "report post" at the bottom of one of their posts. Such public accusations are inappropriate and derail the thread.

I read the patent complaint filed by Aqualung, i reviewed the included patent diagrams, and looked at examples of the Seasoft Nite Edge knife and sheath that Aqualung's complaint states infringes on their patent....I don't see it, what am I missing?

-Z
No idea, I just saw it and was curious if that was the other issue alluded to.

AL is quite fast with lawyers.. no saying right or wrong.

Does anyone have a link or other method to search out the details of that criminal case? I spent more than a reasonable amount of time searching and can't find it. I'd love to read the details. I was kind of defending the guy because I had the impression he was getting screwed by his local government... but if he's just a thug breaking into houses, that kind of changes who the guy is in my mind. If that's true, then maybe he really did deliberately dump a bunch of lead down the drain...
Local government? WA Department of Ecology enforces MTCA/RCRA statewide here and Labor and Industries enforces OSHA here statewide.

At least under MTCA the fine structure looks roughly like this:
$100-1000 for paperwork errors or violations with no release of dangerous substances
$1000-10,000 for smaller first time accidental spills by operators who didnt cut corners and despite best practices still had an accidental release
$10,000-75,000 second time releases (perhaps years after the first release) but still by an operator who is making good faith efforts and not cutting corners in their business practices
$75,000+ large releases, repeat offenders, willful violations. I have seen fines up to $500K

The fines are tiered so that they can't be blown off as a slap on the wrist cost of doing business. A $197,000 fine was not just pulled out of thin air, that is indicative of egregious behavior by someone who should have known better. Basically profiting at the expense of human and environmental health.

BB7EB221-47D3-4E79-B4B2-D85E8EB664A7.png

Back
Top Bottom