Illegal dumping of lead/arsenic into waterways by SeaSoft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best thing is to buy things from China and avoid US manufacturers going through this.

Best thing is to buy things from China and avoid US manufacturers going through this.
Or you could buy from one of seasoft's US competitors who hasn't profited on poisoning people or the environment

Our Story

Please tell me how posting strictly facts and mostly documents is "Biased"?

Court pleadings aren't facts. They are the side of the story of whoever wrote it.

Why is anyone getting involved that involved in this? Unless you are a party of this, or a nearby resident I fail to see how this warrants people getting up in arms to the point that we have anonymous posting account.

Court pleadings aren't facts. They are the side of the story of whoever wrote it.

Why is anyone getting involved that involved in this? Unless you are a party of this, or a nearby resident I fail to see how this warrants people getting up in arms to the point that we have anonymous posting account.
Exactly

Or you could buy from one of seasoft's US competitors who hasn't profited on poisoning people or the environment

Our Story
"The 1000 Denier Cordura is water resistant. Unlike mesh materials it is unlikely that the contents will leech out."
Delusional too.

I fail to see how this warrants people getting up in arms to the point that we have anonymous posting account.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Most everyone posting in this thread is "anonymous". ScubaBoard has never required real names to be used and probably never will.

Our Story
Well to be fair, I think it's silly to pay any business what they ask for dive weights. It's just over the top stupid. I made all mine. I think it costs about $1/lb to DIY soft weights. Went to a shotgun range and bought a couple large bags of reclaimed shot. Ordered a bunch of velcro soft weight pouches. Combined with a postage scale, fill. Bob's your uncle. I guess those that prefer hard lead would probably be better off buying. I doubt melting your own lead would be very fun. Still, the premium scuba companies charge for lead is just unbelievable. It's been a while but I think it was around $5/lb. At 500% markups, I can see why there's a few businesses that sell the stuff.

You can look more into it at the Thurston county Odyssey portal.
I have uploaded a screenshot of the case number.
Thanks. I did find that case, but it was devoid of any real info. No photos, addresses, actual documents. I was hoping to find a copy of the complaint and some of the details. Is that because I'm not registered? I guess I'm spoiled by my local county which does provide all that stuff to anyone who wants to access it.

Well to be fair, I think it's silly to pay any business what they ask for dive weights. It's just over the top stupid. I made all mine. I think it costs about $1/lb to DIY soft weights. Went to a shotgun range and bought a couple large bags of reclaimed shot. Ordered a bunch of velcro soft weight pouches. Combined with a postage scale, fill. Bob's your uncle. I guess those that prefer hard lead would probably be better off buying. I doubt melting your own lead would be very fun. Still, the premium scuba companies charge for lead is just unbelievable. It's been a while but I think it was around $5/lb. At 500% markups, I can see why there's a few businesses that sell the stuff.
I have turned out hundreds of pounds of hard weights.

Back
Top Bottom