Illegal dumping of lead/arsenic into waterways by SeaSoft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Court pleadings aren't facts. They are the side of the story of whoever wrote it.

Why is anyone getting involved that involved in this? Unless you are a party of this, or a nearby resident I fail to see how this warrants people getting up in arms to the point that we have anonymous posting account.

I'll give you that, the break in is not fact.
All of the LnI claims and Ecology claims are fact. All samples have been ran through labs and investigated. The final findings when these organizations Issue a fine, are fact. The investigation is over. Seasoft scuba was found guilty and fined. This is fact.

The final findings when these organizations Issue a fine, are fact. The investigation is over. Seasoft scuba was found guilty and fined. This is fact.

No they aren't. No one with any knowledge of the legal system would claim that.

What do you think "willful serious" means?

An opinion. That is why they are called "judgements," "rulings," and "opinions."

There are a ton of times when those are completely wrong. As such I wouldn't claim any legal document as representing fact, and certainly not one that is just a one sided legal filing.

I have no horse in this fight, as far as I know I don't own any Sea Soft products I've never intended to purchase any Sea Soft products. Though it is suspicious that a group of people got together to create an account with a hard on for this particular business.

An opinion. That is why they are called "judgements," "rulings," and "opinions."

There are a ton of times when those are completely wrong. As such I wouldn't claim any legal document as representing fact, and certainly not one that is just a one sided legal filing.

I have no horse in this fight, as far as I know I don't own any Sea Soft products I've never intended to purchase any Sea Soft products. Though it is suspicious that a group of people got together to create an account with a hard on for this particular business.

I respectfully disagree.

I'll give you that, the break in is not fact.
All of the LnI claims and Ecology claims are fact. All samples have been ran through labs and investigated. The final findings when these organizations Issue a fine, are fact. The investigation is over. Seasoft scuba was found guilty and fined. This is fact.
I spread more lead around in a day quail hunting than Seasoft would in lifetimes. The effect of your crusade will be to make sure nobody dares manufacture anything with lead in the US.

No they aren't. No one with any knowledge of the legal system would claim that.

They are administrative findings which you are obligated to appeal if you dispute them. Seasoft did not appeal the MTCA penalty which similar to failing to contest a traffic ticket (despite the vast difference in the fine they are administratively similar). Once the deadline to appeal is missed, you have defaulted to guilty.

I spread more lead around in a day quail hunting than Seasoft would in lifetimes. The effect of your crusade will be to make sure nobody dares manufacture anything with lead in the US.
1) you only know what Bruce claims to have spilled
2) willfully violating the law is somehow ok? It put seasoft at an advantage over competitors and Bruce was able to profit by externalizing the expenses of proper dangerous waste management to the public
3) he poisoned his employees - also willfully - how much lead did they bring home on their clothes and share with their families? That is a preventable injury that he profited off of.

1) you only know what Bruce claims to have spilled
2) willfully violating the law is somehow ok? It put seasoft at an advantage over competitors and Bruce was able to profit by externalizing the expenses of proper dangerous waste management to the public
3) he poisoned his employees - also willfully - how much lead did they bring home on their clothes and share with their families? That is a preventable injury that he profited off of.

This appears to be speculation. Please point me the where this can be found in the documents

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom