“If you’re sick after a dive, take it seriously”- final update series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would think it’s possible. So I may consider sidemount.
I wonder what sort of partial helmets there are these days.

Take a Lycra hood and stitch a piece of thin Kydex sheet over the area concerned and it is probably good to go ...
Use as an under-hood if thermal protection is required.
Or a beanie is easier to don and remove if it'll cover the area.

I had my surgery today. Absolute GAME CHANGER. I woke up with no head pressure, tingling, back/arm aches, my brain fog is gone and my memory is back, my depth perception is great again. Best decision I’ve ever made.
Great news. So glad you got in touch with the right Dr who figured this out, and was able to provide a solution.
As for diving, not sure when I’ll pick that up again. That depends on my healing. But for now I’m thanking God that it went this well.
Yep. No need to rush into this. Take your time. So glad you were able to find a solution, and that diving is not off the table.

Update: I'm back to driving!! Many road trips have been planned for the coming months. Definitely going to catch up on miles this year!! I've definitely been blessed with good healing and outcomes. Thanks again for all of the support. :)

So, I get the impression that if you had not done the last dive, then got so ill, you wouldn't have known of the important need to fix a problem. I'm thrilled that it all worked out so well. It'd be nice to hear about a dive trip to come, but whichever way you go - good luck.

Back
Top Bottom