“If you’re sick after a dive, take it seriously”- final update series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This isn't anything like you have, but in the late 80's and early 90's, shore diving with heavy gear in the PNW, I sometimes crawled out onto the beach with a pounding headache. I would just dump my BCD and lay on the beach until it subsided. I thought it was from sinus problems. I thought it was from the cold water. I thought it was migraines. Much later I found I had a rare tumor on an adrenal gland. The weight belt and BCD were pressing on the adrenal tumor and making it release massive amounts of adrenaline. This raised my blood pressure sky high and gave me terrible headaches. It wasn't till many years later that the headaches started to come more often, and they finally figured out why.

Glad you're still moving forward and getting answers to this sht situation.

I think we all have a bit of a brain abnormality. I mean who willingly straps on 70+ lbs of gear so they can breathe underwater and look at 🐟?

Fish? Great Lakes wrecks and wet rocks in the dark.

i've always had a headache when craning my neck on surface swims.
That sounds odd. I have never experienced such. I guess that you told your doctor team?
total. went from all aluminum/jacket BC to all steel. it was so heavy on my shoulders/neck muscles out of the water
Excess weight could encourage existing problems.
5'4, 148lbs. i don't do gymnastics anymore but did for years when i was like 10-14.
In Texas and many other states, athletic boys try to kill themselves by playing football while girls try to self-destruct with gymnastics.

That sounds odd. I have never experienced such. I guess that you told your doctor team?

Excess weight could encourage existing problems.

In Texas and many other states, athletic boys try to kill themselves by playing football while girls try to self-destruct with gymnastics.
honestly i didn't even think to tell them. i didn't think about it until i saw comments about exertion or whatever making it worse.
LMAO that last point is very true.

Update: I saw the neurosurgeon and he said all my symptoms match up with Chiari and that my imaging was also consistent with that. He recommended surgery, which will be December 20th. I’ll post an update afterwards.

@kaylee_ann so is your head small or misshapen? 🐵🐯🐷🐭🦏🐸🦭🐟🐬🐋🐠

@kaylee_ann so is your head small or misshapen? 🐵🐯🐷🐭🦏🐸🦭🐟🐬🐋🐠
Apparently both🤣

Back
Top Bottom