If you're diving Jupiter, you've GOT to dive this boat!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whats up Reck Diver ;P. I have dove quite a few boats up that way and down south and currently when I have days off from work I book Kyalami (odd name yes). Its not that you get a deep tissue massage in between dives to shorten up that SI..Its more that the boat is kept nicely, and the crew isn't pretentious or arrogant at all. That coupled with them putting me on Lobster every Thursday for the past couple weeks, and the fact I for some reason just prefer Jupiter diving lately make it my top choice at the moment. I also have the fortune or misfortune of however you want to look at it to be diving almost exclusively on weekdays which means the boat is at half capacity. Plus that chuck guy seems to be good luck for lobster and he's usually there.

edit: Almost forgot I do not work in the diving business in any way..I just waste my money on it :wink:

It would be helpful if someone has a recommendation, they disclose if they have some type of relationship with the op.

LOL! I am disclosing that I have a relationship with the op. I am the dive guide every Saturday and Sunday. However, I have a major critique. Everybody who ate Maggie's shark cupcakes on Saturday had blue lips for the remainder of the day. If you were on the boat on Saturday and had a shark cupcake, take fine sandpaper to your lips and use plenty of lip balm for the remainder of the day. That is my recommendation.

LOL! I am disclosing that I have a relationship with the op. I am the dive guide every Saturday and Sunday. However, I have a major critique. Everybody who ate Maggie's shark cupcakes on Saturday had blue lips for the remainder of the day. If you were on the boat on Saturday and had a shark cupcake, take fine sandpaper to your lips and use plenty of lip balm for the remainder of the day. That is my recommendation.

I had a shark cupcake, and did NOT have blue lips. It's all in the technique!

:D

World Class Customer Level of Customer Service?? And that's because they play music, gave you a snack, soda, and a little porter service with your tanks?? Just curious, have you been out with any of the other dive ops in Jupiter? How do they compare?

Yes actually I have been out with 2 others in Jupiter and several further south. Out of the ones in Jupiter, one I would rate very good, the other I will never dive with them again.

The World Class rating that I spoke of is not "just because" of the things you quoted. Those are just checklist items that others could do if they so desired. It's the mentality of the experience they want you to have on their boat and their attention to make sure you have it. You feel well cared for and appreciated that you've chosen to dive with them. They see YOU as the most important thing to their business and not the other way around. Customer service has sadly slipped tremendously in a lot of industries and businesses fail to recognize that in all businesses will fail without a customer.

---------- Post added February 23rd, 2013 at 08:12 AM ----------

I sometimes dive off a friends boat (diesel inboard) and I agree, the hot shower is a great feature. But the way some are talking about this boat, I would not be surprised if they were employees or just internet shills.

It would be helpful if someone has a recommendation, they disclose if they have some type of relationship with the op.

Oh sorry, forgot to respond to this. I have absolutely no relationship to the dive op. The day I was on the boat was the first day I met them.

I recently have moved to the Florida area after being in California most of my life, Calgary Alberta for 8 years and a year in the UK. I like to research, investigate and read reviews on places I am going to use, stay at etc. and I found that everyone was raving about this dive op. My first ideal that this was going to be a very positive op was when I had booked them three weeks prior and they cancelled the trip due to weather. Sandy called up and she treats you like you've known her forever and is super friendly.

My focus on customer service is because I am a Customer Service Call Center Manager that has worked in global organizations that have been recognized for World Class Customer Service (after a lot of hard work to achieve that by our company). I am passionate about customer service so I might have come across as overly excited with those terms but that is because I continually see a deplorable lack of it in a lot of companies/industries.

---------- Post added February 23rd, 2013 at 08:13 AM ----------

I had a shark cupcake, and did NOT have blue lips. It's all in the technique!

:D

There were a couple of blue mustaches as well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom