If you're diving Jupiter, you've GOT to dive this boat!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaliDenna

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Capt SL8R's Kyalami!!! I finally had the chance to dive on the Kyalami and I was so impressed!! Great boat and they have nice extras like rocking tunes (thanks for the jaws theme as we were about to drop in for a shark dive :D), a hot, hot shower on deck that is nice to also use to warm up inside your wetsuit between dives, snacks/juice/water/Capt SL8R juice/sodas, camera table, and dry bag storage. Boat and dive briefings are very thorough and informative.

But I think what REALLY puts this boat over the top is the Capt. and crew. They take customer service to a world class level! They are knowledgeable, extremely helpful in schlepping gears and tanks and if you need absolutely anything at all, they are right there to help you in the boat. Underwater the DMs do a GREAT job at leading a dive, looking for and pointing out stuff to you or leaving you alone to do your own thing.

If you want a great dive experience in Jupiter, go see
Home - CAPT SL8R You won't be disappointed!!

Bah stop letting out the word =x. They're a great op for all skill levels and types of diving. Can't wait to be on the boat again Thursday.

Darn! I didn't think about that! Ummm errr...stay away from Kyalami, yeh that's right, bad bad boat :)

I wish I could be back on the boat again! Especially on Thursday; isn't that their lobster day? Unfortunately I will be in California for a week.

Thanks, we enjoyed diving with everybody on the boat yesterday. All the divers were excellent and I believe everybody observed sharks. While pushing thru the Goliaths to see sharks, I counted 7 Reefies. Thanks to the Sharks for showing up on schedule for Shark Saver Org

Capt SL8R's Kyalami!!! I finally had the chance to dive on the Kyalami and I was so impressed!! Great boat and they have nice extras like rocking tunes (thanks for the jaws theme as we were about to drop in for a shark dive :D), a hot, hot shower on deck that is nice to also use to warm up inside your wetsuit between dives, snacks/juice/water/Capt SL8R juice/sodas, camera table, and dry bag storage. Boat and dive briefings are very thorough and informative.

But I think what REALLY puts this boat over the top is the Capt. and crew.Th ey take customer service to a world class level! They are knowledgeable, extremely helpful in schlepping gears and tanks and if you need absolutely anything at all, they are right there to help you in the boat. Underwater the DMs do a GREAT job at leading a dive, looking for and pointing out stuff to you or leaving you alone to do your own thing.

If you want a great dive experience in Jupiter, go see
Home - CAPT SL8R You won't be disappointed!!

World Class Customer Level of Customer Service?? And that's because they play music, gave you a snack, soda, and a little porter service with your tanks?? Just curious, have you been out with any of the other dive ops in Jupiter? How do they compare?

I was down in Jupiter this past Thanksgiving & had some dives planned with the Kyalami & crew. However, the weather had other plans. We will be down again in May. Hoping to get at least three days of diving in. The crew at the store was awesome. I know there are other ops in the area, but I have no plans on checking them out this time around :wink:

Conditions are looking good for this weekend. Hoping to get a dive in with Capt. Sl8r on Friday, even if that means getting up early and driving all by myself from Orlando again :dork2:.

As far as the service goes. The only other charter in Jupiter I've used besides Capt. Sl8r is JDC (I've also used JASA, PDC, and SFDHQ but they are a little further south, plus a handful of others in the keys). One of the nice things about Capt. Sl8r is that you pull up your car and unload your gear to the waiting crew (kind of like valet service). They load it up in a cart and haul it out to the boat, and place it on the boat for you. It's not pretentious, you don't feel like they are expecting extra tips, it just feels like people trying to make your day a little easier. As far as the music and food on board goes, it's not world class (I'm not even sure how that descriptor applies), and is much like many other boats I've been on (although I've only been on one other boat that played music the whole time). That's not to say there was anything wrong with it, but what can you say about orange slices, pretzels, water, gatorade, etc? The day I dove with Capt. Sl8r, the music was themed "80's day", and all the hits from the 80s were blaring throughout the trip. It was fun because most everyone on the boat knew the songs and were singing along. The boat itself looks brand new. Very nice, very clean. The crew are friendly, and seem to be on top of everything without being intrusive. I'm kind of a quiet guy and really enjoy just taking everything in while I'm diving. Some people see this and perceive that I am not having a good time. This seemed to be the case with the crew because I was asked 3 or 4 times throughout the trip if I was having a good time, If I enjoyed the dive, etc etc, and it didn't seem fake or a "drilled-in" business practice. Their concern for my enjoyment or lack thereof seemed genuine, and I appreciated that. Lastly, the folks at the dive shop (scuba works), were very friendly. The guy I spoke with (Jay), was really nice, and seemed like a stand up guy.

World Class Customer Level of Customer Service?? And that's because they play music, gave you a snack, soda, and a little porter service with your tanks?? Just curious, have you been out with any of the other dive ops in Jupiter? How do they compare?

What caught *my* eye was the hot shower between dives. I've had one dose of hot water after a dive *ever* (after a night dive on a liveaboard in Belize) and it remains one of my favorite dive boat experiences ever. :D Boat diving this time of year would certainly have a different look if I had that to look forward to.

Ah, how could I forget to mention the hot water. I had to have used at least a gallon or two in-between and after my dives.

What caught *my* eye was the hot shower between dives. I've had one dose of hot water after a dive *ever* (after a night dive on a liveaboard in Belize) and it remains one of my favorite dive boat experiences ever. :D Boat diving this time of year would certainly have a different look if I had that to look forward to.

I sometimes dive off a friends boat (diesel inboard) and I agree, the hot shower is a great feature. But the way some are talking about this boat, I would not be surprised if they were employees or just internet shills.

It would be helpful if someone has a recommendation, they disclose if they have some type of relationship with the op.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom