If you had 2 weeks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would do Big Island Hawaii for about 9 days and then spend 5 days on Kauai. I love the BI but Kauai is so beautiful, lush and gorgeous.
I would dive Kona, and Puako (boat diving) although you could shore dive. Go to Waipio Valley, Pololu Valley and Akaka falls near Hilo, and Volcano observatory. Visit the Place of Refuge and snorkel or dive there. Maybe look at the little painted church on the way to Place of Refuge.
Look up some good places to eat on Yelp, most good restaurants are around Kona (Huggos, Jackie Reys, Fish Hopper).
Then go to Kauai and take a helicopter tour with no doors over the island. Spend time in Poipu and go to the Waimea Canyon. Another day drive up to Hanalei bay and watch the sunset, maybe take a cruise of the Napali Coast. I love Maui too, but would spend time on Kauai if you haven't been.
*** reserve a rental car way, way before going during the Christmas holidays. We spent two weeks this Christmas on the Big Island and the rental car was $1200 reserved in Sept, some people couldn't even get a rental car. (usually 2weeks is $300 - 400 through costco)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom