If Timex is going to release a diver inspired watch...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A friend purchased a Cold War Soviet era watch, while stationed in then-West Germany; don't quite recall the name. The face was enormous.

You do know what they say about Soviet technology -- the largest microprocessors and the fastest watches?

That's probably an Amphibia or Komandirskie.

Was it something like this?

IMG_20200526_103622.jpg

Dive watches are for young folks without presbyopia. More experienced people prefer dive computers with larger displays.

That's probably an Amphibia or Komandirskie.
Was it something like this?
img_20200526_103622-jpg.590010.jpg
common name of this types of watches - Восток-Амфибия (Vostok-Amphybia), produсing of Vostok (East) watch company.
Most of it has self-winding, fully mechanical, WR200, with threaded crown with sealing
Amphibian_crown-2-1800x1800.jpg
I have such also, but it more heavy than Orient, and little bigger.

Real commercial divers watches - model 191 ЧЗ with Radium luminophore :)
eZ1JflN-AdPmYnhLngRzjAnGoI2CelVVYyvbmyss8Y7gic_91P7_iC_M9Y0mY0foZOXz37m3NtlD2WZTAg77LQ.jpg

from (Zlatoust watch plant)
It is not in producion now, but many "looks like" souvenir watches like that. But not real WR200.

I had an old Vostok Submarine. Or I think it was called like that.
And as a kid, 25 and more years ago I was amazed with the screw on crown. I once kept the watch for 2 days in a bucket of water to see if it would leak.

It was my first "diving watch" but the bracelet was so terrible that I never wore it snorkeling due the fear of losing it.

I've got a Vostok Amphibia, got it at a bargain price 2 years ago : retro look, bit crude in fact, but probably the most satisfying self winding mechanism I've ever seen. Dived it to 200ft, no problem. :)

Dive watches are for young folks without presbyopia. More experienced people prefer dive computers with larger displays.

Or wear glasses and enjoy the clarity of an analog dial :)
(there are add-on lenses that stick to the inside of your mask once wet and left to dry)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom