If money was no object......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

romito:
If you had unlimited resources and were purchasing a new BCD, regulator, computer and 2nd air, what would be your dream set-up?

Hm. Good question... my opinion might change at anytime, but ...

Genesis OZ Titanium Regs
(currently own the GS2000 which is identical less titanium and very satisfied with.

Genesis Octo
(currently have and satisfied)

Genesis Recon or Zeagle Ranger BCD
(currently own a Genesis Cobra that I'm satisfied with)

Oceanic BioDry Drysuit
(currently own an Oceanic Aerdura that I'm satisfied with)

Hydro Optix Mega 4.5DD Mask
(currently own and extremely happy with, I understand they are coming out with a HUD compess / computer for this mask, I'd be very interested in it)

Sherwood Wisdom or Uwatec Smart Com.
(currently own a Genesis Reac Pro - happy with it but want more display area)

Scuba Pro Twin Jets
(own and love 'em)

I THINK that covers it all.

romito:
If you had unlimited resources and were purchasing a new BCD, regulator, computer and 2nd air, what would be your dream set-up?

I've been diving my current rig for a few years. I wouldn't change anything, but I will add a few components when I've got some free cash.

Halcyon Explorer 55 with a steel plate
PST E8-130's with a Thermo manifold and Highland Bands
Dual ATX200's
Suunto D3 and a Stinger running gauge mode

For recreational diving, I'd use a Eclipse 30 for colder diving or a Pioneer 18 (special order, but still available) for warmer water.

Things I'd consider adding:

A new TLS350 signature series with 400 gram undergarment, custom cut, turbo soles (ordering one this week so that I can put my aging Andies into semi-retirement).

A really nice video/camera setup.

BP/Wings Halycon. Top Scubapro or titanium reg. Sunntos best computer. DUI CF-200 dry suit and a Henderson Insta dry wetsuit.

romito:

Halcyon MC System/Explorer 55, pair of Apeks FST or FSR with ATX50/100/200-type second stages, a Suunto D3 (well, as long as I’m dreaming, how about two VR3s just for the hell of it)—of course what I really want is something like a Halcyon Helios 9 (9ah 18watt) HID can light :D

romito:

DiveRite backplate (one stainless, one aluminum) with one piece webbing. One single tank wing and one classic wing.

Poseidon X-Stream regulators all around.

A VR3.

With the exception of the VR3, that's what I use now :)

Go with Aqualung Legend (actually performs better than Apeks on a flow bench) regs, can't go worng with an over balanced first stage with balanced second stage.
Seaquest Balanced BC, with an Atomics SS1.
Suunto Vytec
Fins depends on your personal preference.
DUI CLX 450 drysuit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom