If money was no object ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd buy this:
The Superyacht Tiara Yacht PADI Dive Center

Not charter it... buy it...

Then I'd sail it down through the Keys, across the Exumas in the Bahamas, west to Belize, southeast to Roatan, back east to the ABC's (maybe hang in Aruba for a while for an extended SI)... then west across the canal, and a leisurely sail across the Pacific to Fiji, the Solomons, Coral Sea, and up to PNG, and Palau...

Finally, back east to Hawaii... back through the canal to the US Virgin Islands...

... then, buy a bigger boat... because I could...

And I'd sleep like a baby here, every night until I die...

Yacht-Tiara-The-Bedouin-ForedeckTent1.jpg

If money were sort of no object (in other words, scuba expenses don't register, but I'm not Bill Gates) I'd get a custom Santi drysuit for cold water. I love my Fusion, but something with pockets that my Mk3 fit in would be awfully nice. All the rest of my gear is something I'm actually really happy with, although if Dive X-tras ever gets their light off the ground, it would be tempting, too.

My extravagant trip would be to fly down to Quintana Roo, take two sidemount classes from Steve Bogaerts, and then hop over to Abaco and dive with Brian Kakuk. That would totally rock.

If money were sort of no object (in other words, scuba expenses don't register, but I'm not Bill Gates) I'd get a custom Santi drysuit for cold water. I love my Fusion, but something with pockets that my Mk3 fit in would be awfully nice. All the rest of my gear is something I'm actually really happy with, although if Dive X-tras ever gets their light off the ground, it would be tempting, too.

My extravagant trip would be to fly down to Quintana Roo, take two sidemount classes from Steve Bogaerts, and then hop over to Abaco and dive with Brian Kakuk. That would totally rock.

Sweetheart, if money were no object, you wouldn't have to diver in cold water ever again. :D

Sweetheart, if money were no object, you wouldn't have to diver in cold water ever again

Oh, no! If money were no object, I'd spend a great deal of time traveling up and down the West Coast and diving cold water everywhere. After six years and a whole mess of dives, the only thing I like better than the West Coast is caves. The tropics are nice for a change, but for bread-and-butter diving, give me the Eastern Pacific.

If money were no object, Wakatobi would be first on the list. Then a few months sampling the Caribbean. My gear is great, at least for now. Maybe back to Colorado for the summer and hurricane season. I would like to get my Rescue Cert.

A Revo Rebreather, which I would be using in hops from Fiji, Palau, Maldives, Phuket, Sulawesi, Thailand, Borneo.....You know, on the "standard" two year perpetual vacation.

Sweetheart, if money were no object, you wouldn't have to diver in cold water ever again. :D

... there are places that make the cold water worth diving in ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Money NO object. OK well first of all I'd buy a 150-200 foot dive boat with a 20 foot ally tender. The boat would be set up for Nitrox and rebreather as well as all the gear needed for wreck and cave diving. Next I'd hire someone I jelled well with as my instructor/dive buddy.
Then I'd grab my whole familly and we would be off to explore the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom