If its winter in SoCal, that phone ringing must be a cancelled boat dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm... the sun is peeking through a thin cloud layer, my gills are dry. Maybe I'll call the fill station to see if it is worth carrying my gear down to the point.

I recently realized that this is my first full winter in so Cal in several years. Usually I'm in the Sea of Cortez working with Lindblad, but this year I don't go there until May/June. I'd forgotten how difficult a so Cal winter can be (of course this one could prove exceptional with 25" already recorded and "major" storms predicted for the next two weeks. Always a silver lining- plenty of time to edit previous footage!

Dr. Bill

Mo2vation:
Thanks for your message.

I'm going out of town on business this Sat (2/19) and won't be back until Friday 2/25. So I need to get wet this week, and have it hold over for a week....

Maybe we'll hook up mid-week for a nighter.

---
Ken

I may be a night owl, but you're way too early an early bird! How about Tuesday night?

Bill, how much footage do you have to edit?

scubalaurel:
I may be a night owl, but you're way too early an early bird! How about Tuesday night?

The kind everyone loves to hate. Alarm goes off, feet hit the floor, and lets roll, baby. None of this cob-web shaking, staggerting for the coffee in a stupor nonesense. 5 minutes from alarm to out the door. Must be the fisherman gene I carry.

But whatever. I'm also in bed pretty early. But I just got my Dr's report, and its all good - so I'm feeling pretty good about my dull, but healthy lifestyle!

Tuesday night sounds great. I'll probably be working from home (LAX / MDR) and if you're in OCal - we should meet somewhere between. Lemme talk with Arnaud and see if he's available, as I told him I'd dive with him this week. Maybe one night with him in Malibu, and one night wif you OCal way.

I fly out Sat Am for Orlando (then Peoria...back Friday 2/25) so that only gives me Monday, Tuesday or Thursday night this week (Dinner Wed.)

I'll PM ya.

---
Ken

Oops, I goofed... conditions were wonderful at the Point today. Few divers, but... Seriously, the swell had died down, the winds too, sun peeked out several times, vis was only about 20 ft., and the current was still bending the line into a nice "U." Of course I followed my own advice and didn't dive myself!

Laurel- I have TONS of footage that has yet to be tightly edited (best footage extracted and trimmed) so I could keep it up for a few years. I edit as necessary for the shows I produce. Currently I am doing the editing for the two Belize DVD's, and in conjunction for a talk about Belize for the Sole Searcher's Dive Club in Pasadena this week. Have also edited all my soCal sharks and rays, garibaldi, marine mammal and some other footage for those DVD's.

Will be working on my common/other fish and invertebrates footage slowly over the next 6-12 months.

Dr. Bill

drbill:
I have TONS of footage that has yet to be tightly edited (best footage extracted and trimmed) so I could keep it up for a few years. I edit as necessary for the shows I produce. Currently I am doing the editing for the two Belize DVD's, and in conjunction for a talk about Belize for the Sole Searcher's Dive Club in Pasadena this week. Have also edited all my soCal sharks and rays, garibaldi, marine mammal and some other footage for those DVD's.

Will be working on my common/other fish and invertebrates footage slowly over the next 6-12 months.

Dr. Bill

Holy canole! I hope I'll be able to see some of it *batting eyelashes* :gorgeous:

How about doing a presentation for the SOCDC sometime? We meet the 2nd Wednesday of the month. If you're a night owl, like me, We could even do a night dive afterwards!

"Batting eyelashes?" Funny, one of my dive buddies (Andrea) is batting her eyelashes at the audience (or was it me) in my "Munching and Mating in the Macrocystis" DVD.

Always happy to do a talk at a dive club since I enjoy sharing what I see and know with other divers. I usually ask for travel expenses (boat fare and gas) due to my location on the island.

Dr. Bill

drbill:
"Batting eyelashes?" Funny, one of my dive buddies (Andrea) is batting her eyelashes at the audience (or was it me) in my "Munching and Mating in the Macrocystis" DVD.

Always happy to do a talk at a dive club since I enjoy sharing what I see and know with other divers. I usually ask for travel expenses (boat fare and gas) due to my location on the island.

Dr. Bill

Well, you know, I am all about merriement and mir! :lol2:

I will ask our board about reimbursement. Usually, we offer to buy dinner.

L

Hi Ken,

We're headed down there for 3 days this weekend, Feb 19-21. We have a 6 pack booked on Saturday afternoon and we're trying to get a couple more divers to share a 6 pack on Sunday to go up to Scripps. Interested in diving Saturday, Sunday, or Monday?

Anyone else interested? E-mail me if you're interested diveangel16@yahoo.com

Anita

When you find out, PM me, Laurel. As I'm sure you and the board can understand, it gets quite costly for me to keep traveling back and forth to give dive club talks, especially since they are at night and involve about 24 hours off-island and away from my work.

Looks like we're about to get hit again... and again. There may be some sunshine over the weekend, but it depends on which forecast you accept!

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom