iDeco Pro - Available NOW - Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brockbr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
iDeco Pro - 1.0.0 - Available NOW

All,
I've recently released iDeco Pro. You can purchase it from the Apple AppStore on your phone or get it here: iDeco Pro

SPECIAL NOTE -> If you use iDeco Pro, please leave feedback on the Apple AppStore! This is how iDeco Pro can rise in the rankings!

This new application offers many improvements over the free version of iDeco:

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

Screen4.png

1) Fully revamped user experience. The UI has been made sleeker, with information being easier to see and use. The individual dives are much more obvious, and all of the icons have been updated, along with colors used more extensively to help denote good/bad values. A new toolbar has been added as well that makes better use of the screen, along with better status information that you've selected something.

Screen3.png

2) Settings can now be changed in the app. For most commonly changed settings such as ascent, descent, GF High, GF Low, and Last stop are all configurable within the program. (All VPM-B settings can be changed her as well when in VPM-B mode)

3) My Gases - Allows you to have a list of the 50 most used gases. Works for the dive phase, deco phase and bailout. Instead of having to set up and maintain a list, iDeco Pro simply remembers gases you use, and lists them back in the order that you've used them.

4) New runtime display. This was a commonly requested feature that I've added to the summary. It shows RT, CNS and OTUs along with a repositioned dive graph. By doing it this way, you no longer need to scroll to the bottom of the plan.

Screen5.png

5) Added much higher pressure support for mixing. This was a common request so that people who bank gases can use the mixer. Note: 2 features are being added to 1.1 - The ability to top with any gas, and the ability to change the order of additions of gases (a free update of course).

6) Superior email support - You can now view, edit and cc others on your plans. The free version uses a proxy I wrote because the older iPhone OS (pre 3.0) didn't support sending anything more then 255 bytes from an external program. Obviously, that wouldn't work. iDeco Pro takes advantage of the 3.0 email support.

7) Multi-level bailout has been dramatically improved. iDeco Pro now takes into acount all bottom phases and plans bailout based on the worst case scenario.

8) Future support for many more decompression algorithms. VPM-B is currently being tested by a small, select group. DIR Tech 1 is also fully implemented but not released yet. The UI now features a button (Currently denoted with Bü) that allows you to flip between algorithms. The ability to switch on the fly is more as a teaching tool to compare algorithms. (Once you start a dive day with an algorithm, you need to stick to it)

9) Internal changes were made to support RT (realtime). These are not visible to the user (yet), but are needed to have iDeco Pro as a full dive computer, not just a planner.

IMPORTANT NOTE: iDeco Pro will be the focus for all iDeco development in the future. I wrote the free version of iDeco as a payback to the community, and many people use it and like it. You are NOT required to upgrade in any way, and iDeco will continue to work for as long as you own it. However, all new features and updates will be put into iDeco Pro.

Very nice!

I have the freebie version on my phone, and enjoy taking it out at the dive site during a discussion and saying, "Well, let me put the numbers in this FREE deco app and see..."

I seem to sell more iPhones this way, though. :wink:

But it still amazes me that a diver could have a great piece of diving software like this for about the price of an air fill. Guess it's time I upgrade to the pro version and at least toss you a couple of lousy bucks for you troubles.

Been very happy with iDeco and will upgrade tot he new version. You just can't beat the price and I look forward to some the the new features.

I just got Pro, will evaluate it throughout the day.

DIR Tech 1 is also fully implemented but not released yet.

Meaning what? Are you implementing ratio-deco type profiles? (If so, that begs the question "which DIR" since - to my understanding - GUE no longer teaches s-curves for the bottle segments while UTD does)

Any chance I could test it?

On more question. Is the Bü icon just telling me I'm in Bühlmann mode? Or is it supposed to be a button/toggle?

SPECIAL NOTE:
Anyone who donated to iDeco who would like a coupon for a free copy of iDeco Pro - Please email me at: brockbr@gmail.com

Defeats the purpose of having donated :p

Good job, and keep it up!

Meaning what? Are you implementing ratio-deco type profiles? S-curves?

Any chance I could test it?

At the request of some of the DIR guys/gals, I put Ratio 1 into iDeco Pro, but read the next answer...

On more question. Is the Bü icon just telling me I'm in Bühlmann mode? Or is it supposed to be a button/toggle?

It is a toggle that lets you flip between all active algorithms. Right now, Tech 1 and VPM-B are still in "test", and most users cannot get to it. I will be releasing an update soon that allows you to switch.

I have been following the iDeco development. Good to see that VPM is being implemented. When would you say this would be finished with testing?

I have been following the iDeco development. Good to see that VPM is being implemented. When would you say this would be finished with testing?

Meng_Tze,
My main holdout on testing are some discrepancies in how I've implemented VPM-B for ascent/descent on/off gassing. There are equations for handling these phases, but I'm not happy with them yet.

Because VPM-B is used extensively for deep tx dives, any variation from the standard can have deleterious effects. Once I can confirm that it's right, I'll release it.

b.

ps. Big help on narrowing down the date, 'eh? :D

A couple suggestions:
-remember the values for thirds
-allow to save/name several dive plans (use right/left scrolling to move from one to another?)

It's minor nitpicking - it's a great software!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom