iDeco Pro - Available NOW - Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got it for my itouch, works great except for some reason, if I wanna put applications on, I have to sync and erase all my songs in order to install it in. I'm like huh? But otherwise, looks great, wish I could afford decoplanner though. :(

I just purchased and installed ideco pro. It seems there are tons of glowing reviews and I really want to like it, but have found some strange behavior. If I create any mix with 1% He (silly, i know), then I get a negative EAD and a wonky mixture display.

image here

I've also seen numerous control persistence issues where some controls revert to previous values even if the settings are confirmed. This was supposed to be 200ft on air, but the controls reverted to 70ft on EAN50, yet the pO2 values are for 200ft.

image here

I'm new to scubaboard and can't post images yet, but you can find screenshots under "blesbok19" on photobucket. Any ideas?

Can I add a couple of small gripes?

The first real grip: How the heck do I remove deco gas from a plan? Removing items such as surface intervals, deco gases, or really any element should be available and intuitive.

There should be way to clear a current dive or series of dives. I.e. set the entire form back to blank. Also as someone else mentioned save the plans you want to keep by unique name.

How the heck do I remove deco gas from a plan?

Looking at my deco gasses, I see "20ft-EAN100".
To the right of this gas, there is a small blue arrow pointing to the right.
Place your finger on the blue arrow, and while touching the screen, slide your finger to the left.

A red button stating "Delete" will appear. Tap this button and the gas will go bye-bye.

To remove a surface interval, simply set the surface interval to 00:00 (as stated at the bottom of the screen on the surface interval page). Removing a surface interval will also remove any subsequent dives you have listed.

I just purchased and installed ideco pro. It seems there are tons of glowing reviews and I really want to like it, but have found some strange behavior. If I create any mix with 1% He (silly, i know), then I get a negative EAD and a wonky mixture display.

image here

I've also seen numerous control persistence issues where some controls revert to previous values even if the settings are confirmed. This was supposed to be 200ft on air, but the controls reverted to 70ft on EAN50, yet the pO2 values are for 200ft.

image here

I'm new to scubaboard and can't post images yet, but you can find screenshots under "blesbok19" on photobucket. Any ideas?

When I put in 1% helium, it looks like the program misreads it as 100% helium, and since one can't have 21% O2 AND 100% HE, the program comes up with some weird number. It's only on 1% HE; if you put in 2% HE or greater, it seems to work just fine.

I wasn't able to recreate your second problem...it works just fine for me.

You might try PMing the software developer, brockbr

Rita

Can I add a couple of small gripes?

The first real grip: How the heck do I remove deco gas from a plan? Removing items such as surface intervals, deco gases, or really any element should be available and intuitive.

There should be way to clear a current dive or series of dives. I.e. set the entire form back to blank. Also as someone else mentioned save the plans you want to keep by unique name.

Removing a deco gas is easy...put your finger on the gas you wish to delete, and swipe with a leftward motion. A red "Delete" button should appear...press that and your gas will go away :)

Your surface interval will be removed along with any dive after the surface interval, if you set the surface interval timer to 00:00.

If you go into "settings" on your iPhone or iPod Touch, and select "iDeco Pro", you can change the "save plans" button to "off", and the program will have an essentially blank plan every time you start it.

If you want to save a plan, change "save plans" to "on", and the saved plan will be your default screen when you open the program.

If you want to really, really save a plan, you can email it to yourself.

I've got a small suggestion for the rule of thirds. Some people I know would prefer to calculate gas usage so it'd allow for the normal rule of thirds (return for two divers from furthest point in case of catastrophic failure) and additionally full decompression of both divers.

I know this is playing it extra safe, and becomes a moot point with dedicated stage bottles. However, could an additional option be added to the "thirds" window for including decompression time in calculated gas usage?

I'd also appreciate if that window could remember the tank size from the previous time. Furthermore, a faster way to choose tank size would be nice (as apposed to 0.1L interval scrolling). Cheers!

I've played with the settings up one side and down the other and I still can't figure out how to get the CCR mode to work (and, yes, I did turn "CCR Diver" on.)

Also, I haven't figured out how to get the multi-level dive to work.

I LOVE the app for everything else! Would give my left...tank...to get CCR and multi-level working.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom