Ideas for a Belize diving trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goarmy

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I are trying to plan a scuba diving trip to Belize. I am a experienced diver and she has never been but would like to get certified in Belize. We are both in our early 20's and like good nightlife, so we're not looking for an isolated atoll. We would, however, like to be located close to the water and the diving. Budget is also obviously a factor. Any suggestions?

Seems to suggest San Pedro (Ambergris Caye). Depending on the time of your visit there is cheap accommodation available, and several dive centres that would meet your needs. My personal favourite is in the middle of San Pedro town (on the beach), called Island Divers. I can give more detailed info by PM if you wish.

So good to see "my girlfriend and I" rather than the offensive "me and my girlfriend".

Either AC or Placencia. I recommend the latter if you're thinking of also doing any jungle-type stuff while you're there, although there's some pretty cool places to go from AC as well.

Here's a good reference: Belize Insight Guide.

Btw, I'm a proud product of Georgia's public school system and 1980 UGa grad. Both me and my wife, lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom