Ideal Stage reg hose length?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azjohnnyo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What do you feel is the ideal hose length for the reg hose on stage/deco bottles? I know this is prolly somewhat personal, but what is a good starting point? It seems most "stage" type regs come with around 40"...Just looking for opinions. Thanks!

Last edited:
For turret head 1st stages the 40" will give the correct length to wrap and park the regulator. However I was getting a lot of inquiries back in 2004 from people on the non-turret head regulators telling me the hose was just a tad short. That was when we introduced the 44" hose. Amazingly we sold hundreds of them the first month we introduced them. Since then we expanded our hose line to include, 40, 42, and 44" deco reg hoses. There are even MiFlex hoses in 44"

LP HOSES

Turret head regulators 40"
Non-Turret Head Regulators 44"

Cheers
JDS

I found 40" hoses a bit short, so I use 44" hoses. I use non turret DS4's on my stage/deco tanks.

Open circuit, backmount standard North Florida Cave Diver's Kit, 40 inch.

Sidemount and CCR 44 inch works better.

40" on all of my stage regs. swivel first stages or not. (i prefer not to have that swivel if I can avoid it)

40" on all of my stage regs. swivel first stages or not. (i prefer not to have that swivel if I can avoid it)

Why? More annoying to stow? Or some reliability concern?

Why? More annoying to stow? Or some reliability concern?

yea they tend to move around too much. I like the non swivel 1st stages because they stay put and don't wiggle around on you when you're messing with them.
mk16's are my favorite stage reg

I put my spg behind the turret on my mk25s. It solves the problem that sometimes happens when stowing when the hose kinda goes the wrong way and makes an annoying loop. The SPG blocks it and prevents it from happening.

I use a 40inch hose on my stages (all are turret), and I wish it was just a little shorter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom