Ice diving in Sweden

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iain Thysse

Registered
Reaction score
Afghanistan (work getting in the way of diving aga
Hello all....this ismy first posting so I am a little unsure how this all works, but as I am sure thousands of people before me managed, I will figure it all out.
I am wanting to know if anyone has any details on technical dive schools in Sweden. I will be doing a few technical instructors courses in the Philippines this year, but would also like to do some ice diving (which is clearly not an option in the Philippines) while visiting friends in Sweden. I have searched the web and haven't had any luck tracing a school yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Iain

Hello Iain,
welcome (Scub)aBoard! :balloon
You could try sending Grazie42 a message for more info.

Laurens

Hello
Welcome to the board
There is a GUE instructor in Sweden - that I know for sure. Also try to search IANTD website - they certainly have somebody over there.
Mania

You can probably find ice condidtions in lakes until end of march in south/central Sweden.

Far up north ice during most part of the year.

A late response.

No Mr. Pyro, Sweden is not covered in ice all around the year. 5-6 months in the north with no ice..

I didn't say that the northern part is coverd the entire year around...
But I wouldn't be suprised if you could find ice coverd lakes (fjällsjöar) at higher alltitude during most part of the year except the few but intensive summer months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom