Ice Diving Extravaganza dates set for Feb 6-9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mataichi,

No I have not had any of the free orientations yet. I was going to have one in November but some things came up that I was not able to get it scheduled. I am leaving on Wednesday for Grand Cayman and then we hit Thanksgiving, so it looks like I will schedule the 1st free orientation in the first week of December. Right now I am probably looking at Tuesday 12/2 at Surface Interval Scuba in Arlington. (Pending Classroom availability)

I see that there are several people interested that are not in the DFW area. I am open to doing a 2nd orientation on a weekend in December in Austin, Houston or Waco. We will need to figure out the dates quickly, so that we have time to get the word out. If someone has free use of a venue (i.e. a Local Dive Shop classroom would be ideal, or a hotel meeting room) then I can do the presentation there. I can usually get through the information in about 90 minutes, sometimes 2hrs depending upon the number of questions.

Also, if there is a Local Dive shop outside of the DFW area that would like to partner with me and promote this as one of the trips that they provide through their shop please send me a PM with contact information and I will contact you to work out the specifics and the pricing.

JR, Thanks for chiming in on my behalf.

Paloma was a close call.
Luckily we don't leave for Cayman until Wednesday, hopefully the island is still in tact. Will be back on 11/19.

Randy

I haven't missed it yet but I'm going to. I will be going back to Washington on the 21st and won't be back until December 15th. With my job it's not often I'm around though. If I go on the Ice trip I will plan to take the time off for it.

I bought a dry suit. I have three scuba dives in a dry suit now and time to get more before Febuary. I guess I have probably missed the orentations now but I still want to go.

There is another orientation on Sunday Dec 14.. I believe the time is 3:00pm; but check that. Orientation will be at Surface Interval Scuba in Arlington. Untitled 1
Give them a call. I am sure they can confirm a seat for you.

Cool! Plenty of time to get ready.

No you have not missed the orientations. There is another Ice Diving orientation on Sunday 12/14 3pm at the SI Scuba Classroom.

This Event has been officially cancelled. Will try again next year.

I didn't have enough divers going to run ice diving operations. And since the accident with my van, I haven't been terribly motivated in promoting the trip. So I have decided to cancel it for this year.

I will start working on the one for 2010, I am thinking something like Dive n' Ski in Colorado somewhere.

Randy Cook
TxIceDiver

Now you can count me in on that trip Randy. I like the idea of diving in Colorado.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom