Ice Diving and Great Lake Undergarment ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear the fourth E j2 base layer, a backup thermalution heated vest and a venture heated vest as my primary heat, and then the halo 3d.
I wear the fourth E hotfoot pro socks and an 8mm k2 hood. I use the fourth e neoprene glove liners with blue smurf gloves on a ring system.This is under a tri-lam drysuit.
That is my normal everyday gear for local great lakes diving. It serves me well. As with everything, your mileage may vary.
overall how do you like those FE neo gloves? I have had my eye on those just not sure.

I’m not Tracy, but I really liked the FE neo glove liners. Nice and warm. However, I lost a lot of dexterity. They don’t fit under the current dry gloves I use so they went back to the person I’d borrowed them from to try them.

overall how do you like those FE neo gloves? I have had my eye on those just not sure.
Warmest liners I have found. They stay warm when wet.

Warmest liners I have found. They stay warm when wet.

Thanks. Just to confirm, are these the liners you are referring to?

- brett

Thanks. Just to confirm, are these the liners you are referring to?

- brett
Yes. They take forever to dry, but they are very warm. I recommend you get two pairs if you are boat diving multiple dives per day.

I have heard people talk about the K01 FLEXGLOVES 1.5mm too. I wonder if they are similar.

I have iced dived with the aqualung thermal fusion undergarment + helly hansen mireno wool base layers (ski undergarments) and it kept me comfortable.

I wear the fourth E j2 base layer, a backup thermalution heated vest and a venture heated vest as my primary heat, and then the halo 3d.
I wear the fourth E hotfoot pro socks and an 8mm k2 hood. I use the fourth e neoprene glove liners with blue smurf gloves on a ring system.This is under a tri-lam drysuit.
That is my normal everyday gear for local great lakes diving. It serves me well. As with everything, your mileage may vary.

Did you get your hood custom fitted or just pick the closest size? I have a few hoods some custom, others stock. Overall I cant stand hoods in general but when your bald sometimes you got to cave to reason.

Did you get your hood custom fitted or just pick the closest size? I have a few hoods some custom, others stock. Overall I can stand hoods in general but when your bald sometimes you got to cave to reason.
I just picked the one that fit the best. I sell the K01 hoods and stock all the sizes. Makes it much easier when you can just try them on.

I just picked the one that fit the best. I sell the K01 hoods and stock all the sizes. Makes it much easier when you can just try them on.
I know its a loaded question but do really think there worth the cost. For example I have a Santi 6m which it the most comfortable, I have a custom 12m which while warm kills my jaw after 20mins (so much for custom) and a basic summer 1m so I don't burn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom