Iberostar fees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn:
...it's a lot easier to hand your gear down off a dock into a boat rather than up from standing hip deep in the water. And then there's the sand...
Good Point ggunn!

ggunn,

I was on a dive boat that stopped f/ a SI at one of those beach clubs. The staff let the captain know we were not welcome & not to do this again. The beach club was empty, we were the only customers. All 6 divers bought water & soda. We were hoping he'd see it was profitable f/ us to stay.
I'm not sure why the beach clubs don't want the dive boats to SI there. Usually the SI is before noon & a few bucks are better than none, I would think.

Kat:
ggunn,

I was on a dive boat that stopped f/ a SI at one of those beach clubs. The staff let the captain know we were not welcome & not to do this again. The beach club was empty, we were the only customers. All 6 divers bought water & soda. We were hoping he'd see it was profitable f/ us to stay.
I'm not sure why the beach clubs don't want the dive boats to SI there. Usually the SI is before noon & a few bucks are better than none, I would think.

and have never had a problem, in fact, we are welcomed at every beach club. The managers of a few even encourage dive boats to stop there. I think it is certain operators they don't like there for other reasons. Additionally, some operators just don't like to stop at the beach period because they want you to stay on the boat and get you back in the water as quick as possible so they can get back earlier.

I liked stopping at the beach club for the SI. Much better than bobbing around in the boat at waiting a too short of time to dive again. I like the 1 hour SI and the longer second dive.ßß

Me too, diveborg. I like the longer SI, off the boat. It also gives me a chance to use the ladies room too. It can be tricky on a rocking boat, with a tight wetsuit. Even trickier on a boat with no head.:wink:

Just got back from there. Somethings changed. I saw at least 5 different shops pull up to the Iberostar dock. No one was counting divers or obviously charging. I dove with dressel, black shark and deepblue while I was down there. In fact, applevacations had a $55/2 tank with black shark.

I was at Iberostar first week in July, and paid no dock fees. There was an Iberostar employee on the dock each time asking us who we were diving with and recording it on a spreadsheet, but they did not collect any money. The only time we paid an additional fee is when we dove with Dressel, they charged us $1 each for a "decompression chamber" fee. We told them we had health insurance that covered the chamber, but they said it was mandatory. They only charged it when we dove with them. However, Papa Hoggs, who we dove with the rest of the week, didn't charge us the fee.

Has anyone else paid the deco chamber fee of $1??

Caryn:
I was at Iberostar first week in July, and paid no dock fees. There was an Iberostar employee on the dock each time asking us who we were diving with and recording it on a spreadsheet, but they did not collect any money. The only time we paid an additional fee is when we dove with Dressel, they charged us $1 each for a "decompression chamber" fee. We told them we had health insurance that covered the chamber, but they said it was mandatory. They only charged it when we dove with them. However, Papa Hoggs, who we dove with the rest of the week, didn't charge us the fee.

Has anyone else paid the deco chamber fee of $1??

The guys on the dock keeping records were probably gathering info for a bill to be sent to the dive ops, so you probably paid it buried in your fee to the op.

The deco fee is for upkeep of the chamber and is not insurance of any kind, i.e., paying it does NOT get you free treatment should you need it. That's what DAN (etc.) is for. I am under the impression that all ops pay a $1/diver/day fee to the chamber; some itemize it out to their customers, some don't.

I can't speak to the dock fee at Iberostar, but the chamber fee was explained to us by Matt Daines the owner of Deep Blue.

Matt said that for people that do not have DAN insurance, the $1 fee per dive day is a cheap way to cover those people for chamber use. He said that it is insurance to cover being chambered, but that if you have DAN then there is no need. Aparently DAN is very common for US divers, but less common for European divers.

Wristshot

Wristshot:
I can't speak to the dock fee at Iberostar, but the chamber fee was explained to us by Matt Daines the owner of Deep Blue.

Matt said that for people that do not have DAN insurance, the $1 fee per dive day is a cheap way to cover those people for chamber use. He said that it is insurance to cover being chambered, but that if you have DAN then there is no need. Aparently DAN is very common for US divers, but less common for European divers.

Wristshot
Whoa there. The $1 chamber fee is not insurance! Supposedly if you pay the chamber fee they will bill your insurance directly rather than making you pay up front and filing the claim yourself. If you don't have insurance to cover chamber rides, the $1 fee is not going to do squat for you.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom