Iberostar Cozumel dock fees!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sent them an email requesting a clarification. We stayed there in December, but I don't like the idea of a fee. That might be enough to keep me from ever going back.

Good question Pidgie. I will be staying at Aura in late march. I would glady swim to the boat and climb up the ladder to keep from paying the 3 dollar fee. Heck, I would even give the 3 bucks a day to the crew I was diving with if they would do this. Why should I have to pay a "penalty" if I don't dive with their shop? I guess I'll check with my dive op to see if this is o.k.

I stayed with them in in the past with no fee. I enjoyed the stay and was going to return there. Because of this, I have booked with a different hotel for our April trip, I will send an email to them as well. Thanks for the heads UP!

Up until recently the only hotels charging to pick up guests at their docks were the Park Royal and the Wyndham/Sabor/Aura/Reef Regency, funny that these are supposed to be "all inclusive" properties.
Hola Antonio! Can you please correct this statement. Park Royal does not charge the fee for the dock. It is not their dock, it's not on their property. By saying they charge people may boycott the hotel. I stay here all the time and have talked to the management several times and they have tried to work something out but the owners of the pier will not budge. thanks.
I would boycott a hotel if I was staying there and they charged me if I used another dive op instead of theirs. I dont boycott PA because they are not collecting anything. kevin

Up until recently the only hotels charging to pick up guests at their docks were the Park Royal and the Wyndham/Sabor/Aura/Reef Regency, funny that these are supposed to be "all inclusive" properties.
Hola Antonio! Can you please correct this statement. Park Royal does not charge the fee for the dock. It is not their dock, it's not on their property. By saying they charge people may boycott the hotel. I stay here all the time and have talked to the management several times and they have tried to work something out but the owners of the pier will not budge. thanks...... kevin

Up until recently the only dock charges at All Inclusive Resorts, were at the dock located at the Park Royal and the Wyndham/Sabor/Aura/Reef Regency.

:D

I just sent them an email requesting a clarification. We stayed there in December, but I don't like the idea of a fee. That might be enough to keep me from ever going back.

To whom did you send the email?? Maybe if a lot of the Iberostar regulars send an email to the manager, he will try to do something about the problem...especially if he starts loosing business. Also, the Iberostar raised their prices this year. They want over $1,200 per person when it use to be $900 for an August trip. I'm looking at other hotels for that reason, too.

To whom did you send the email?? Maybe if a lot of the Iberostar regulars send an email to the manager, he will try to do something about the problem...especially if he starts loosing business. Also, the Iberostar raised their prices this year. They want over $1,200 per person when it use to be $900 for an August trip. I'm looking at other hotels for that reason, too.

I sent one email to the addys listed by Antonio:
"I encourage everyone (specially those who stay there) to send an email in protest to their corporate PR person in Spain: concha.ramos@iberostar.com or to the General Manager of IB Cozumel Axel Paskel: dir.cozumel@iberostar.com.mx "

No answer as of yet.:(

I have been exchanging emails with the head of Security at IB, the person in charge of the dock situation, the list of requisites I posted came off one of his emails. I want to corroborate that based on what he's told me, Dressel Divers has nothing to do with this matter, the pier is owned by the Iberostar Hotel, and it's the hotel doing all of this, not the dive operator.

I have also been informed that the fees will be based on the number of guests per month that are picked up there, with the minimum being $50 dollars per month, and the maximum $500 dollars per month.

So if I pick up 2-3 people in the entire month, it's still $50 dollars, at $17 to $25 per person, you can see why many of us operators flat out refuse to pay this.

Their argument is that they have to pay maintenance of the pier, federal fees, etc.

Well they have to do that anyway for all of their property, why should operators have to pay their costs???

Ridiculous....

So what does the hotel/dressel do if a hotel customer refuses to pay the fee?

They're not asking the guests to pay, they are asking the operators that pick them up, but to answer your question, this is the IB's response:

:idk:

We have been boarding our clients from the beach, which is highly inconvenient, and because of the many rocks there, also risky for both the client and the boat...

Way to go IBEROSTAR!!!

^^^^^ Just wait until someone gets hurt and sues them.

Well, it's really no surprise to me that they(IB) are finally charging dock fees...after all they charge $13.00/day for internet services.
Will the dive ops start charging more now that they are responsible for the dock fees? or is there an option to board the boat from the water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom