I want to buy a new compass.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for the SK7. I used an Oceanic for a while, but it was VERY sensitive to tilt angle... and it wasn't always obvious that it was tilted enough to make it stick.

The SK7 can be tilted WAY over and still works well... if it's tilted enough to make it stick, it's going to be pretty obvious.

The bag news is, it won't fit your old console, but I find a wrist mount easier to work with anyways.

RichLockyer:
Another vote for the SK7. I used an Oceanic for a while, but it was VERY sensitive to tilt angle... and it wasn't always obvious that it was tilted enough to make it stick.

The SK7 can be tilted WAY over and still works well... if it's tilted enough to make it stick, it's going to be pretty obvious.

The bag news is, it won't fit your old console, but I find a wrist mount easier to work with anyways.

Geeez....another thing to strap on a wrist? I dive with two computers, one in a console and my primary on my wrist.
What's this about a retractable model? One that can be mounted on your vest?
My computers are suunto and I know they are top quality. I would like to know more about their compass.

I have the SK-7 wrist mount. However, I can't get the the SK-7 retractor option in Singapore. I would like to ask if anybody knows how I can purchase the retractor option for the SK-7?

I don't see the retractor on Suunto's site though... only on LeisurePro's.

edwinh:
I have the SK-7 wrist mount. However, I can't get the the SK-7 retractor option in Singapore. I would like to ask if anybody knows how I can purchase the retractor option for the SK-7?

I don't see the retractor on Suunto's site though... only on LeisurePro's.

SK7, Sk7, sk7. Amazing, great piece of kit. Make sure you buy the relevant region model for you part of the world and you won't go wrong. I use the wrist mounted one. Very handy. Easy to use. Unless your instructor is slightly evil. He then takes you to the site of an old pier for your aow nav to make you realise just how underwater metal can screw your compass up. Neat trick, teaches you a lot in one go.

mogwai:
SK7, Sk7, sk7. Amazing, great piece of kit. Make sure you buy the relevant region model for you part of the world and you won't go wrong. I use the wrist mounted one. Very handy. Easy to use. Unless your instructor is slightly evil. He then takes you to the site of an old pier for your aow nav to make you realise just how underwater metal can screw your compass up. Neat trick, teaches you a lot in one go.

Why buy a retractor mount. do what one of my dive buddies does. Attach a normal retractor to the wrist mount compass. Keep it attached to your bcd and pull out and use whenever you need.

is easy, buy one.

mogwai:
Why buy a retractor mount. do what one of my dive buddies does. Attach a normal retractor to the wrist mount compass. Keep it attached to your bcd and pull out and use whenever you need.
Exactly how I have mine.
Navigation is much more accurate this way :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom