I think I finally figured it out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And your insistence that your way is right is predictable as well. I have lots of dives on a BP. If the webbing gets to the point that it is frayed than it gets replaced. That's one of the points in using this type of setup. Placing inner tube over the webbing and in the slots will allow it to slide. This means that every time you go to use the rig you will have to readjust it. Definitely not a good idea. Try using keepers in back of the slot, it will reduce the wear and prevent slipping. Second the 3 finger method is too loose. Setting the BP up for comfort on the land is the wrong way to optimally set it up. It seems very foolish to me that you will not listen to advice on how to set one up when you have no experience with one.

omar

I no longer use inner tube to hold the backup lights. When I did, I used pieces cut from a 26"x 1.5" bicycle tube (thin NOT heavy duty). I use ¼" bungee. Tied into a loop with the knot melted.

omar

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom