I tested positive for covid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As with any respiratory illness, consult a physician and listen to your body. Hopefully you will be back in the water before too long.

long story short.....

COVID can cause long term pulmonary and/or cardiovascular complications. Even if you have minimal or no severe symptoms. Before you dive it is an extremely good idea to get checked out by an MD.

FYI...i'm a frontline responder and i have seen a number of very serious impacts. As divers we need to be a little extra cautious.

I had COVID as well, with no symptoms. I also have a bicuspid aortic valve with a minor insufficiency, but physicians told me I can dive down to 60m and I can do deco with no issue BEFORE I contracted the COVID.

Would you suggest to check something special with a doctor even if I have no reasons to believe that my heart/lungs have worsened? (I do some bodyweight exercising every day, and my rest heart-rate is as low as usual - slightly more than 50bpm)

@pepperbelly, I have no idea of how to help you, take care and good luck!

Good luck to you and family.
My brother (another scuba instructor) just went through the same. He immediately self isolated, so it appears he did not infect anyone else. His wife avoided it!
He was lucky, just three days with fever, and no respiratory symptoms.
And now he is IMMUNE, I am envying him! In practice as having already got the vaccine.
I really hope that the same lucky result occurs to you and your family members.

I think this is still speculation.
My brother actually was VERY lucky, as he was selected for one of these scientific screening programs, so after testing PCR-negative he was screened with a very deep immunological venous blood test, and he has got an official printed report with his current immunological status.
He has been declared fully immune, now. What is TBD is how long this immunity will last...
He will be immunologically-tested again one month later, three months later and 6 months later.
formally the certification he has got lasts one month, up to the next planned test.
Of course, whenever the immunity fades away, he could be reinfected.

My brother actually was VERY lucky, as he was selected for one of these scientific screening programs, so after testing PCR-negative he was screened with a very deep immunological venous blood test, and he has got an official printed report with his current immunological status.
He has been declared fully immune, now. What is TBD is how long this immunity will last...
He will be immunologically-tested again one month later, three months later and 6 months later.
formally the certification he has got lasts one month, up to the next planned test.
Of course, whenever the immunity fades away, he could be reinfected.
Excellent. I hope a LOT of this kind of follow-up happens, as it is the only solid way to determine whether any immunity is lasting...

By the way, I just saw your article in the latest Physics Today. Very interesting! I had an experience in the Basilica at Pisa of the docent singing chords with himself, due to the lengthy reverberation tails. Wonderful!

I have not read all the post, but here what I would do for CV19. Also I am not a fan of going to Doctors
Question to self, Do I think I am OK. if yes then I do an easy dive and check my air use. If it OK then I would dive without worry.
I do not know what effect steroid have for this question.

Back
Top Bottom