I resolve to never get fat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As we age, our metabolism slows down.. you never mentioned your age.
Look at your parents as they are now... it will tell you what you will be at their age.

then i am adopted...40 here (5'11"/195lbs as of today). by the time my dad was in his early-mid 30's, he was noticeably overweight.

John wayne and elvis died with heavy colon's, that is when I learned stop eating meat and there is weight gone. we all want that coffee in the morning and well guess what if you start off with drinking plain ole water it starts your calorie burning. If you floss and brush your teeth before sleeping you body stops intake of calories.

Beer OH BOY that is a shame, I gained 50#, I worked 541 days straight and after 12 16 18 hours a day I pounded 4 to 6 good beers at the brewery with dinner every night and passed out.

I have always gained or loss 50# and sometimes it is food or beer.

Try not eating for three days, then no water for two after that, the hunger pain you feel is actually your body eating fat.

look at it this way, we took a pvc pipe with 4 SS hose clamps hooked in a series of car batteries and a battery charger and submerged it in saltwater, then put a mason jar in and filled it then put duck tape on it. then popped a little hole in it and put a flame to it, KABOOM.

If we could only release fat like a homemade hydrogen bomb it would be the cats ass to loosing weight, we are salt water electricity charged body's that need fat to be dissolved, so we exert ourselves for a biological hydrogen bomb except we do not actually see the boom unless we light a really good fart out of our ass.

Probably the best and safest way to diet is what the hospital does when your in there, hook an Iv in you, if you did not eat and hooked an Iv in while you sleep or just dicking around on SB you would be fit as a fiddle.

John Wayne and Elvis died with heavy colon's, that is when I learned stop eating meat and there is weight gone.........

Misinformation perpetuated by the good folks at PETA and advocates of bizarre "health" practices of colonic irrigation and the like. (No autopsy was performed on John Wayne, Elvis' post-mortem did reveal a distended colon but this had nothing to do with consuming red meat - he had congenital health problems exacerbated by an atrocious diet, drug abuse & overuse of laxatives etc etc).

The bottom line is that while it's desirable to try to maintain one's ideal weight it is far more important to engage in regular physical activity to promote a healthy cardiovascular system and to eat a sensible, balanced diet.

Losing weight long term is just hard. I'm by no stretch of the imagination "fat", but I do struggle with the ole beer belly. It keeps coming back the moment I slack off in the slightest.
What i've also learnt is that the body likes to keep fat cells. It grows new ones when you put on weigh, but when you lose weight, it merely shrinks them, and leaves them laying around like little sponges, just waiting to be refilled with fat. It apparently takes over a year for your body to get around to terminating them, so you have to be religios for that entire year before they get exponged, otherwise they will hang around and soak up the good stuff at a moments notice.

Eat meat (a lot of it), vegetables (a lot of them too), fruit (some), and lift weights. Lift more weight tomorrow than you did yesterday.
You're body makes adaptations based on the demands you place upon it.

Increasing your muscle mass, raises your metabolism which leads to burning fat.

Work, eat, and rest to support muscle growth.

Laying around hooked to an IV drip will not make you stronger, your body will adapt to the very low demand that you would be placing on it....."muscle atrophy" anyone?

But hey...if you want to not lift weight, not eat meat, have someone give you a colon cleansing and call it good....then be my guest.
But that's not the best advice to be giving out.

Better advice......"Eat meat, and perform dead lifts regularly." :)

Besides, chicks dig the dead lift. ;-).....

......Not too sure if they'll think your most recent enema is cool or not.

-Mitch

Besides, chicks dig the dead lift. ;-).....

......Not too sure if they'll think your most recent enema is cool or not.

-Mitch

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I am just a simple person, if it does not go in then it cannot go on. If the caloric intake exceeds the caloric requirement then one will gain weight. If the caloric output exceeds the caloric intake then one will lose weight. The base metabolic calorie needs plus that needed to fuel the DAILY minimum 30 minutes of aerobic threshold exercise plus warm up and cool down is the amount of calories one needs per day to maintain weight.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom