I probably know the answer but.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bructer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
...just trying to confirm. When shore diving on the coast of Maui, is it law to fly a dive flag? Standard or International flag when out of country? Running out of room in my dive bags and thought I'd throw it out there. Can you rent surface flags from the local shops?

Thanks in advance.

Flag rental at plenty of locations, including many resorts; $10 per day seems on the ave-high side I'd guess. Red with white diagonal stripe 1' x 1' min is the regulation.

Thanks man.

Cheers,

One more thing, is there a choice when renting lead - integrated vs belt?

Cheers,

With regard to lead, most integrated pockets will accept nearly any common weights. Many rental locations have both hard and soft.

One more thing, is there a choice when renting lead - integrated vs belt?

Cheers,
Assuming you have your own BC, you might be hunting to find soft weights. I'm not aware of many places that rent those.

If you're renting a BC, then you'll want to check ahead as far as whether they have integrated or not. I do know that Maui Dreams does have weight-integrated BC's, but I'm pretty sure that Maui Dive Shop doesn't. YMMV on other shops.

I believe that Lahaina Divers rents SeaQuest ProQD+ BCs, which are weight integrated.

I've only run into hard weights on Maui thus far, but it's never been a big deal for me since my BC can take any type of weights.

Assuming you have your own BC, you might be hunting to find soft weights. I'm not aware of many places that rent those.

If you're renting a BC, then you'll want to check ahead as far as whether they have integrated or not. I do know that Maui Dreams does have weight-integrated BC's, but I'm pretty sure that Maui Dive Shop doesn't. YMMV on other shops.

We will be bringing all my own gear and packing as much weight as I cant without tipping the scales for baggage restrictions. My brother in law and his wife are gonna rent for the two weeks so it doesnt matter to them.

I have the Zeagle Ranger and the side pouches are triangular so conventional weights fit but are a pain in the ****. I'll have to make do with whats available I guess.

Its gonna be so strange for us to dive "naked". No 35 degree water, no drysuits, no fleece underwear, no double hoodies, no drygloves......life will be good. Visability will be a nice change as well. Counting the days now boys:).

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom