I probably know the answer but.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, if you're staying on the west side (Lahaina-ish), I hear that Pacific Dive can sometimes be convinced to rent you soft weights. :)

Another solution: USPS Flat-Rate Priority Mail box (or envelope). $8 gets as much stuff as you can fit in the box, regardless of weight, anywhere in the US. That includes HI. :) If it'll fit in the envelope, it goes down to $4.

I have the Zeagle Ranger and the side pouches are triangular so conventional weights fit but are a pain in the ****. I'll have to make do with whats available I guess.

Its gonna be so strange for us to dive "naked". No 35 degree water, no drysuits, no fleece underwear, no double hoodies, no drygloves......life will be good. Visability will be a nice change as well. Counting the days now boys:).

Since you mention diving cold, perhaps you're overestimating how much weight you're going to carry in your ranger. My husband is 220# and only dives with 16#, which is a snap to put in a Ranger....either two 5's in the side and two 3's in the rear, or one 4# weight all the way around. You'll likely have only 1 weight in each pocket, which shouldn't be any problem for the Ranger. :blinking:

I dive a Zena with similar sized weight pockets as the Ranger and have never had a problem getting conventional weights in it (I only dive warm).

When are you on Maui?

Since you mention diving cold, perhaps you're overestimating how much weight you're going to carry in your ranger. My husband is 220# and only dives with 16#, which is a snap to put in a Ranger....either two 5's in the side and two 3's in the rear, or one 4# weight all the way around. You'll likely have only 1 weight in each pocket, which shouldn't be any problem for the Ranger. :blinking:

I dive a Zena with similar sized weight pockets as the Ranger and have never had a problem getting conventional weights in it (I only dive warm).

When are you on Maui?

We fly in the afternoon of the 16th and have a trip booked early the next morning. I'm hoping we get to jump in the ocean that afternoon we fly in to get our weights set before we head out. My wife is getting a little giddy in antisipation diving in the ocean for her first time. We lake dive together in the summer and ice dive in the winter and I tell her this should be a breeze. Her problem is all the critters down there. I regularly dive the coast of British Columbia in the Barkely Sound area and tell her the critters are much bigger here than down there. It didnt make her feel any better. LOL

I'm hoping my backplate (if I dont convert back to single) and heavy canister light offset any weight I'll need.

Cheers,

Well, if you're staying on the west side (Lahaina-ish), I hear that Pacific Dive can sometimes be convinced to rent you soft weights. :)

Another solution: USPS Flat-Rate Priority Mail box (or envelope). $8 gets as much stuff as you can fit in the box, regardless of weight, anywhere in the US. That includes HI. :) If it'll fit in the envelope, it goes down to $4.

I'll check with Pacific Dive when we get in, thanks Kris.

I just had 300 ounces of silver shipped to my house by FedX which cost me $65 US. (insurance included) Thats over 18lbs......someone is getting ripped and I think that's me. :wink:

Cheers,

I'll check with Pacific Dive when we get in, thanks Kris.

I just had 300 ounces of silver shipped to my house by FedX which cost me $65 US. (insurance included) Thats over 18lbs......someone is getting ripped and I think that's me. :wink:

Cheers,
Apologies, I didn't notice the location... I just wish CanadaPost would find its way to these flat-rate envelopes... they're great for sending stuff from here to Canada, but there isn't anything to go the other direction.

My parents had to ExpressPost me a large envelope a few months back. That cost ~$20. And it still took a week to get here.

But I digress... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom