I panicked, lived, and learned...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

something I am surprised nobody mentioned was that she was more than likely narced,100 ft ...

I think a more relevant question is what the heck was she doing at 100 feet in the first place?

New diver ... less than 24 dives ... has she had any training in how to prepare for a deep dive yet?

First question any new diver needs to ask themselves is "am I really ready to do this dive?"

If there's any doubt in your mind, don't go. As you say, narcosis can mess up your mind in a hurry ... especially if you're dealing with stress or uncertainty to begin with.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Good Grief Folks!!

A person had what for that person was a scary dive. The person handled it just fine. Then, partially as catharsis and partially as an effort to help others posted about it.

In the post no personally identifyable information was disclosed.

But, a super sensitive dive operator decided to weigh in with some comments that brought in all the usual suspects for the usual off topic discussion/OP chastisement. That has gone so far I wonder if anyone can even remember the original focus?

Lessons? Sure, read the original post and decide how you want to modify your personal diving habits. I think the OP has already done that and now offers the opportunity to others to do the same.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Hey all,

Enough about fitness issues here, not wanting to pay, or being unhappy with the dive op; theses issues were NEVER mentioned by the OP. If you want to discuss this somewhere else, start a different thread.

Off-topic posts will be deleted.

Thanks! :D

TIGF!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Hey all,

Enough about fitness issues here, not wanting to pay, or being unhappy with the dive op; theses issues were NEVER mentioned by the OP. If you want to discuss this somewhere else, start a different thread.

Off-topic posts will be deleted.

Thanks! :D

TIGF!

I agree that this was NOT the place to discuss physical fitness but it would be very intetesting to start a thread on the subject. More and more frequently I am getting people without adequate fitness or even with a specific medical symptom making a dive and then I/We have to deal with it. I am also getting fed up with "SCUBA Smokers". Could you start the thread or tell me where to start it? Finally, I think the OP deserves our highest regard and thanks for sharing the issue of doing divthat a diver is not up to, whatever the reason.

Back
Top Bottom