I ordered a custom semi-dry suit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DukeAMO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I ordered a custom semi-dry suit from here: Custom Semi-Dry Wetsuits with Wrist Seals and Ankle Seals based on some good reviews here on the boards.

I'm all excited to get a suit that fits, so I just had to share. Y'all are the only ones who would understand the excitement of ordering new gear. :wink: The rental suits I've been using don't fit well at all. In order to get a men's suit that fits my middle, the ankles and wrists end up being so huge the water just runs in. :shakehead: Even the women's suits seem to be cut more for skinny women.

It should be here in time for some night dives in a couple of weeks. And I hope it's not too cold by then. You never know with NC weather... it can be anything from balmy to cold in November. The water should be around 70 degrees, which is similar to what we certified in, so no biggie.

In other news, the tailor said that he's never had to take that many measurements for one garment (27)!

I LOVE my Aqua-Flite Custom Semidry 7mm FJ. It kept me warm in NorCal waters for years (before I went dry).

The service and quality were excellent.

You'll have a great time with it.

The new suit did a good job of keeping me warm in 61 degree water. I like the setup with the "hooded sleeveless jacket", because it's easier to get the hood on/off when you pull it up from the back and zip it across the chest, as opposed to a separate hood that you have to tuck in. I'm happy with the fit - so much better than the rentals I was using!

I only ran into two issues - 1) this suit is more buoyant than I was used to, so I had to add more weight, and 2) the hood part is too big, so I'm going to send it back to them to be adjusted. They said they'd do that, no problem.

So overall, after 2 dives, I'm pretty happy with it. Ask me again in a year or so. :wink:

That does look like a nice suit. With the hood attached the neck opening is closed off very well and that's a huge benefit.

Yes, a little more lead but that's the price of admission to comfortable diving.

I would expect that suit to be enjoyable to 50F and for you to be able to dip below that for portions of the dive without much difficulty. I don't fuly understand your climate down there but your chilliest moments may be when you get out of the suit.

Congratulations!

Pete

Thank you everyone for the kind comments. We take a lot of pride in providing quality products. Happy New Year to all of you!

Back
Top Bottom