I need YOUR help to give us ideas for a dive vacation!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Alright, here's the problem - I need your help to give ideas for our dive trip. My buddy (who is also my girlfriend of 3+ years) and I have been trying to find an affordable dive vacation that will net us as much dives possible everyday. We are pretty much having a hard time deciding, so thats why we're asking you folks.

We are willing to fly to our destinations (airfare also will be dependable on the budget, we can fly out from Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville). We also are willing to drive anywhere in the Florida area.

We want 1 week with at least 5 full days of diving. We own all of our equipment, including tanks.

Budget: approximately $800 for each of us (~$1,600 total, for all types of expenses)
Dates: Anytime between August 6th to 26th of 2006
Preferred Dives: Reefs, Wrecks, Wall, Warm Waters

We prefer diving from a boat, but would be fine with shore dives as long as the surface swim isn't insanely far from shore.

Anyone have any recommendations/suggestions?

Some nice shark diving in the Bahamas. Drive, then take a small plane.

For the budget that you speak of, flying anywhere is probably not going to be an option, particularly when you consider the cost of a week's rental car at your destination.

The Florida Keys has some nice diving, and it's only a few hours' drive away.

RonDawg:
For the budget that you speak of, flying anywhere is probably not going to be an option, particularly when you consider the cost of a week's rental car at your destination.

The Florida Keys has some nice diving, and it's only a few hours' drive away.

I agree, the keys have some nice diving, but what sucks is that there's no shore diving and it is at least $60 just for a morning boat trip with just 2 dives. We want more than that, and it gets really pricy if we take 2 boat trips a day.

Where have you gone before? Maybe you could come up here and try some of the diving we have to offer! haha, umm, i dont know. the budget thing has me rethinking my orgional suggestions! If I come up with anything, Ill let you know!

but seriously, do canada! lol

We dove in the puget sound all summer last summer when we lived in Seattle. We want something a bit different this time (ie: no drysuits). We really liked diving in the PNW, but would like to spend our weeklong vacation somewhere closer to home (Florida for now).

Well, Ill see if I can think of anything. Love to help if I can. But I think I agree with RonDawg, with the budget Im not sure. Sorry

You can fly Miami to Cancun for less than $375 per person.

Not sure if you can find a weeks worth of accomodations / diving with the other $800ish.

Might give it a look though?

Otherwise... maybe look at something semi-local that you haven't done before?

-Brandon.

Have you considered a cruise? At least the food's included, and you wouldn't be diving the same spots every day. Maybe something like this? You might have to sign up to the website to see the special though (just don't sign up for the e-mail alerts!)

http://www.vacationstogo.com/fastdeal.cfm?deal=19064

Includes Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya. Well, at least four days of diving. And $629 each. Include tips and drinks and you'd be close. Shore excursions (boat diving) would put you a little over budget though.

One word... BLACKBEARDS!!

They cruise out of Miami and it's a way low budget Bahamian liveaboard :D

Rachel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom