I need some help here please!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T-N-T

Reaction score
Okay here's my predicament, I'm going to be in Orlando for a Conference for my job, the company picks up my airfare(great). They won't pick up a rental car though, at least not at the current rates of 350+ per week. (I guess it's because of Daytona) I really want to get a dive in since I'm that close to water. Is there any way I can get a BUDDY to pick me up at my hotel take me to a LDS so I can rent some tanks and weight and then take me diving, I've heard that Blue Springs is nice. I'm a fairly new diver, certified open water last July. I will pay for gas, tank fills and entrance fees for whoever can help me out. Here is my itenerary.

Feb 19th- arrive Orlando
Feb 20th- Available to dive all day
Feb 23rd- available to dive after 12:00 pm.
Feb 24th- depart Orlando

PM me if anyone needs further details or can help. Thanks

T-N-T
(tonyt74@alltel.net)

Keep a eye on your fly & dive times on the 23rd!

T-N-T:
Okay here's my predicament, I'm going to be in Orlando for a Conference for my job, the company picks up my airfare(great). They won't pick up a rental car though, at least not at the current rates of 350+ per week. (I guess it's because of Daytona) I really want to get a dive in since I'm that close to water. Is there any way I can get a BUDDY to pick me up at my hotel take me to a LDS so I can rent some tanks and weight and then take me diving, I've heard that Blue Springs is nice. I'm a fairly new diver, certified open water last July. I will pay for gas, tank fills and entrance fees for whoever can help me out. Here is my itenerary.

Feb 19th- arrive Orlando
Feb 20th- Available to dive all day
Feb 23rd- available to dive after 12:00 pm.
Feb 24th- depart Orlando

PM me if anyone needs further details or can help. Thanks

T-N-T
(tonyt74@alltel.net)

TNT- DarnIt! There is a Florida Conch get together on the 19th! We are diving the AquaZoo and there are people driving in from Orlando to do the dive!

Here is what you do. Call the airline. Give them the ticket info and tell them you need to change the date to Feb 18th PM. Get out of work and get on the plane. Fly to here. Pony up for the extra day at the hotel and dive with us on Saturday.

I am suppose to shoot in a IPSC match on Sunday but I could sneak away..of course this will cause endless banter and ridicule from my "buddies" as to they already say that I am not shooting anymore because I am getting to be a poor shot and slow on the reflexes. I really need to shut down some mouths but if I have to chose between Fl Conch Diving and shooting..well that is why I have not been shooting.

Eric

That sounds cool, tell me more and I'll see what I can arrange. I still don't have a flight booked so It might work out. Sure would like to meet the rest of the Conchs. What about cost?

Thanks

Let me know soon as I am running out of time on getting that flight booked

T-N-T

I'm following the links now. Thanks for the offer on the couch, I have still got to work out the logistics. Since I'm flying I will need Tanks and weight. Any suggestions. I'll let you know soon about the couch.

T-N-T

Where were you suggesting that I fly into? Orlando, or Fort Lauderdale

Hotel is not a problem, I can stay with some friends Friday night in Orlando area. Who can I ride down and back with?

As soon as I finish up these two details I can sign up.

Thanks for the suggestions

T-N-T

Logistically, it's way easier to fly into Orlando, but without a rental car, life is not fun.
It might pay for you to fly into Fort Lauderdale (FLL) or West Palm (PBI) airports, crash somewhere, drive up north 3 hours for your conference, check out, scurry back down south to civilization (carefully staying north of the Miami-Dade county line), dive some more, and then return to whatever reality you call home.
Try Hotwire and then Priceline for a rental deal - I have gotten some killer deals on rooms, cars, and flights that way.
Now note that is only for ocean diving - and it's all weather-dependent with no guarantees. If you want to dive the springs, then you kinda have to aim more northerly than Orlando.

MOD, How do I close out this tread? Trip got cancelled.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom