i need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

conchman

New
Reaction score
ok i know before i start writing this post how weird or how random many of you are going to consider my question but here it goes. do any of you know what kind of mask paul walker wears in the movie into the blue. im looking for a four lense mask and i like the look of it. thanks

don't know the mask but here is a pic to help

intotheblue10.jpg

looks like a Sherwood Magnum EX I believe. Good fitting mask and panaramic.

This is just my opinion but I have found some of the four lens masks to have too large of volume which makes it harder to clear and brings the window further away from the face decreasing visibility. I started with a mask very much like this one. If I had to do over again I would have got a different one. Also the clear silicone can turn yellow with a lot of use, and increase glare. I think a low volume black silicone one or two window mask is the way to go at least for me.

He wears it on his forehead ...

come to find out the mask is a oceanic contour but i cant find anything about it. anyone know if it actually exists

conchman:
ok i know before i start writing this post how weird or how random many of you are going to consider my question but here it goes. do any of you know what kind of mask paul walker wears in the movie into the blue. im looking for a four lense mask and i like the look of it. thanks

Kind of funny this got brought up. I recently saw that movie on DVD and was wondering what type of mask that was as well. I thought it was the Sherwood Magnum EX at first (Sherwoods mask looks EXACTLY like it), but it turns out that the mask is an Oceanic Contour. The low profile lense and great seal the Sherwood provides is exactly what I was looking for. I cannot find the Oceanic mask anywhere on the Internet or at dive shops.

dkktsunami:
Of course he does..... MOF

it's better to look marvelous than to BE marvelous.........lol

can't they get anything right?

kgdiver:
This is just my opinion but I have found some of the four lens masks to have too large of volume which makes it harder to clear and brings the window further away from the face decreasing visibility. I started with a mask very much like this one. If I had to do over again I would have got a different one. Also the clear silicone can turn yellow with a lot of use, and increase glare. I think a low volume black silicone one or two window mask is the way to go at least for me.
Turns out clear silicon mostly turns yellow from storage with any black rubber items... just as your wetsuit. I've seen some 20 year old clear silicon that was still perfectly clear, and I've seen clear silicon that yellowed within 6 months of being stored in a bag with a wetsuit's hood and booties.

Learned my lesson. :) I still prefer the black skirts now, since I don't have to worry about it at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom