I need Help with filter! Bauer utilus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterbottle

Registered
Reaction score
So, i got old compressor. I think it is Bauer utilus from 1977. There is cartridge filter and i need new one. But i dont know what model the filter is or is this repackable? Because the filter's head is different than new ones. Here is couple pictures. Filter number is 04852-410(?). What materials are filters usually? Can I repack myself a filter? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20211029_153747.jpg
    20211029_153747.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 20211029_153758.jpg
    20211029_153758.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 20211029_153721.jpg
    20211029_153721.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 106
Hey, how about a pic of the filter housing and a few of the compressor? I’m curious where in the system that is plumbed. Interesting that the replacement filter has only got carbon in it.

If it’s a Utilus, the stamped numbers on the case next to the pulley will tell the age. Porter at Welcome to August Industries - August Industries Inc. can get any part that is still made and a bunch that aren’t.

Have you already confirmed it’s building pressure?

Have a look at this:

and this:

Hey, how about a pic of the filter housing and a few of the compressor? I’m curious where in the system that is plumbed. Interesting that the replacement filter has only got carbon in it.

If it’s a Utilus, the stamped numbers on the case next to the pulley will tell the age. Porter at Welcome to August Industries - August Industries Inc. can get any part that is still made and a bunch that aren’t.

Have you already confirmed it’s building pressure?
Stamp says U3E-H and year 1977. And yeah its building pressure normally.

Nice looking old compressor. Thanks for sharing. Does the other filter housing have MS for drying the air before the charcoal? I guess theoretically you don’t need to remove any CO since it’s electric, unless the oil gets too hot. So that’s why there’s no Hopcalite apparently. Still, I would want to check every tank.

So I'm wondering if you can get a wall mounted filter set and delete the canister? I know that's not the OP question asking for him and me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom