I Need Alot of Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still have my trusty old canon a70 (3.2 mp) and I still love it. I've gotten used to it that I pretty much know what buttons to push underwater to get the shots that I want. Plus, it's small enough to fit in my short's pockets. You can probably still find a few of the a75 (upgraded version of the a70) in ebay for cheap.

SeaLife DC500...Scubatoys.com
cant go wrong at about 499.00

I have an older DC200 that serves me very well
on land and water, and the DC500 is magnitudes
more capable!

Just bought Nikon S1 & its housing, it is nice on land and I hope it is OK UW as well~

Just a question, how & where do you pack the housing when travelling? I am off to GBR in December and the last thing I want is to break the case or carry it in its box.

I would recommend the canon Powershot S70 as well... It is good for land and UW. I got the camera and the canon UW housing for it for about $600 total. It has a good wide angle lens, and the internal flash works well UW as well w/o an external strobe.

All of the more recent photos in my gallery are shot with this camera.

My 2¢

willow12233:
I am looking to buy a digital camera that works just as great under the water as it does on dry land. My budget isn't very high, maybe only $800 for both the camera and the housing. I am currently in college and cannot spend too much on things other then books and classes :eek:) I don't need the camera to take extremely professional pictures, but I do want better quality then what I get from the one-time use underwater cameras. If anyone knows of any good cameras or where I should start looking, it would be appreciated. Thanks alot.

-Katie

I currently use a C-5050 and factory Olympus housing... spent around $650 for the setup but it has no external flash. There are a couple of newer models from Olympus that offer 5 to 7 MP plus the housing for well within this budget.

Purchased them from 47th Street Photo I think.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom