I need advice on length for hose to Dry Suit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need advice on length for hose to my DUI Dry Suit that i just bought... I plan to take a drysuit class in spring so I am familiar with it.

There's hoses for drysuits, but they're in segments of inches (ie 26", 28", etc..) Which hose size is the right one for me? I'm also sure it is a LP hose, right?

My BCD is a Large, my drysuit's a Large, I am 6' 2", 185 lbs...

here's a picture if it helps:

I have a pair of drysuit hoses sitting around.. either should work. Paypal me $10 (jon@jonnythan.com) and I'll mail one off to you.

yukoneer:
I need advice on length for hose to my DUI Dry Suit that i just bought... I plan to take a drysuit class in spring so I am familiar with it.

There's hoses for drysuits, but they're in segments of inches (ie 26", 28", etc..) Which hose size is the right one for me? I'm also sure it is a LP hose, right?

My BCD is a Large, my drysuit's a Large, I am 6' 2", 185 lbs...

here's a picture if it helps:

Put on the suit, put on the BC and regulator -- have someone take a measuring tape and start at the regulator, follow it down under your arm and reach the inflator connector --- then while they are holding that use your arms to reach up and reach down with some movement...... tada... now you know how long your hose needs to be.

Expect it to be in the 28-32" range.

Regards,

JS1scuba:
Put on the suit, put on the BC and regulator -- have someone take a measuring tape and start at the regulator, follow it down under your arm and reach the inflator connector --- then while they are holding that use your arms to reach up and reach down with some movement...... tada... now you know how long your hose needs to be.

Expect it to be in the 28-32" range.

Regards,

thanks a ton! i'll measure my length when i go back to my apartment in rochester on the 29th.

jonnythan:
I have a pair of drysuit hoses sitting around.. either should work. Paypal me $10 (jon@jonnythan.com) and I'll mail one off to you.

thanks for the offer - I appreciate it! :)

I'm going to measure my length first, and please let me know your sizes. if it fits, i'd buy it. only problem right now is that all my scuba stuff are in my apartment at school. I'm at home for the break - will be back in rochester on the 29th.

Uncle Pug:
DUI drysuits come with the inflator hose. If it wasn't in the box tell your dealer to cough it up!

Haha, if it was new, i'd defintely expect it to come with one. I bought this drysuit for $500 a few weeks ago and it's ~5 years old (with new latex neck/wrist seals, new zipper)

I dunno what sizes I have.. both came with drysuits I bought new and seem pretty standard, whatever standard is. The nicer one, the one I'd send you, is an Apeks with a nice big knurled flange that makes it easy to attach with gloves on. I'll see if I have time to measure them tonight. They all fit me fine, and I have a 38" chest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom