I need advice on length for hose to Dry Suit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer:
Haha, if it was new, i'd defintely expect it to come with one. I bought this drysuit for $500 a few weeks ago and it's ~5 years old (with new latex neck/wrist seals, new zipper)
I saw the new zipper but realized that the suit was used.

I just wanted to point out that if you'd purchased it new from a dealer you would have gotten the hose too. :wink:

FWIW... whenever I've sold my used drysuits I've always included the low pressure inflator hose. :D

The length is fairly standard and a little long would be better that a little short. I can't tell from the picture but does your suit have a rotating inlet?

jonnythan:
I dunno what sizes I have.. both came with drysuits I bought new and seem pretty standard, whatever standard is. The nicer one, the one I'd send you, is an Apeks with a nice big knurled flange that makes it easy to attach with gloves on. I'll see if I have time to measure them tonight. They all fit me fine, and I have a 38" chest.

ok no problem... no rush either.

Uncle Pug:
The length is fairly standard and a little long would be better that a little short. I can't tell from the picture but does your suit have a rotating inlet?

define what's a rotating inlet please...

yukoneer:
define what's a rotating inlet please...
Does the inlet rotate? The valve in the center of the chest.. some are fixed, whereas others allow you to rotate the silver part so it points off to your left or right.

well... it is an inlet that rotates.

The spigot that the hose goes on can be pointed any which way... and instead of to the right I would suggest pointing it down and to the left and bringing the hose under the left arm.

I have my suspicions that your inlet is in a fixed position though. If that is the case then you definitely want to make sure that your hose is long enough.

yeah, I believe that it's a fixed inlet. I thought they were called inflators?

Back
Top Bottom