I need a poppet valve for Conshelf XI ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idive2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I need a poppet valve for a Conshelf XI second stage and have
talked with a couple Aqualung dealers and don't seem to be having
any luck. I know there is not much of a profit for these smaller items
and I think some shops look at selling regulator parts as either a liability
issue or maybe even a lost sale on a newer regulator ? Whatever the
reason might be I need a poppet valve for one second stage and a new
cover for one that is a bit newer. Are there any sources other than
the dealer ? I really don't want to buy a used second stage for parts that
may or may not be better than what I have. Thanks for any comments or
suggestions.

Try vintagedoublehose.com they may have what you need.
There are several conshelf collectors here that will probably be along shortly to help you.
I have one myself and I just flipped the poppet seat over for a brand new surface.

If it's the second stage poppet you need you might be able to get it through Trident which an LDS could order. They have some generic rebuild parts that may fit, but I'll let the experts chime in.

Do you need the whole poppet or just the rubber seat. It's easy to make a new seat.
As far as I know all series Conshelf's used the same poppet. Any Aqua Lung dealer should have or be able to get it or it is in the 2nd stg service kit. If they will sell one to you is another question. Here is the service manual.

http://www.aqualung.com/militaryand..._Manuals/Conshelf_XIV_TechMan_LoRes_02_10.pdf

My LDS here sells them, but I guess shipping to Florida would be a bit much... an alternative would be to look for a "parts" reg of eBay.

I actually need the poppet valve itself. The seat seems to be in pretty good shape but the
threaded end has one of the tabs broke off and also the threaded part may not be perfectly
straight. I've actually just called the Aqualung dealers with the part numbers and have got
not much of an interest in ordering the parts. I don't think it is part of the rebuild kit and I
did check vintage double hose and they have diaphragms and kits but no valves. I'll keep trying
the aqualung dealers and if nothing else I saw a conshelf 14 on ebay a while back and it may have
the same internal parts.

PM me.

Back
Top Bottom