I need a photographer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
Update... I remembered the camera, but LEFT THE HOUSING AT HOME. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
So did you get any pics of the gear or whatever you were after? Do you need to hit somewhere else this weekend to get the job done?

NetDoc:
It was "interesting" to say the least. I was attacked by a manatee. I have been in the presense of MANY of these "gentle" giants, but not with one that had such a small calf. It swam into the boil area as I was waiting for Colin to get back taking the camera to the car and getting his gear when
WHAM!!!
"Holy Sea Cow Batman" the Cow T-boned me in the right hip. I even have a bruise from where it SMASHED my reel into my hip. I was completely shocked and even more surprised when she turned around and came back at me!!! I swam behind a palm that was laying in the water for protection. She and her tiny calf swam a bit, and she played with her calf as well, as they did barrell rolls just above the spring. But any time I ventured near the boil, that cow chased me off.

Of course I reported the cow to the authorities and have asked a lawyer on our board to start the legal proceedings. Call her our "Cash Cow" if you would. I'm gonna soak her if I can. :D
I am not even going to get on about Andy's cash first, sue later attitude to law :wink: BUT i do have to ask why there werent park rangers all over you to get out of the boil, or for getting in the way of a manatee in its natural habitat, that doesnt sound like the rangers we all know and love. From the stories i have heard they might have shot you before, but the attitude i have gotten lately (and this story continues to confirm that) i think they are all high or drunk and just dont care about such things anymore. Who knows? :wink:

It was an interesting day - we wont mention about how strong the flow was in the boil and what it did to my shoulder.

What was neglected in mention was that there were two snorkelers cowering on the tree pushing Pete back into the water because they didn't want to be proverbially trampled by this aquatic mother elephant! I had the good fortune to inform them that Mama and brand new super dark could cuddle and love it cute little baby were swimming by me in a very friendly fashion and that there were safe from this "mad sea cow".

Well... there were NO OFFICERS in the park. :sadlike:
I wanted to get pics with lights on me... so I asked if I gutted them (no batteries, and no bulb) if I could take them in as "props". I got a yes mainly because there were no officers in the park! :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom