i need a camera!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea_dragon

Reaction score
can anyone recommend a camera.....i want to invest in a camera... but don't know what to look for any advise??

sea_dragon:
can anyone recommend a camera.....i want to invest in a camera... but don't know what to look for any advise??
i like canon !! and i use a canon ps pro 1, most of us photographers are using the canon A siries or the olympus 5060 through 8080, i thought to recomend you look at many photographers profiles picture galleries but i shot down that idea as some have more expierience then otheres so that really wouldnt work. i do recomend the canon power shot cameras or the oly 5060-8080 line, best i can do on that , as for price i have the canon pro #1 $1000 at the time, ike-lite housing $ 800 ike-lite strobe $800 i didnt pay these prices at least not quite , but these were the recemended prices when i bought mine

Warren_L:
A price range is generally a good start. Plus what kind of photography you want to do.
i want to take pictures of reef life... i have used a kodac disposable... i want something i can go further than 50 ft.....

jim ernst:
i like canon !! i have the canon pro #1 $1000 at the time, ike-lite housing $ 800 ike-lite strobe $800 i didnt pay these prices at least not quite , but these were the recemended prices when i bought mine
Thanks.... i will go look at the camera tomorrow.....

Hi Seadragon,
I am not a photographer but wanted a low cost way to take digital pictures so...
I Bought a Sony Marine Kit used from a friend then found a Sony camera (Ebay) to go in it. I have about $150 into it. You might want to consider the used/ebay route to start. It takes up to 4.1Mp pictures and is really easy to use.
Later
Scot

thanks scott.... i might have to do that.... how deep can u go with the sony marine kit?

Canon A series would be my first suggestion. Great little units and reasonable prices.

Oly 350 is the new kid on the block and LarryC likes his - have a look at his recent posts and recent threads about it.

Oly 5050 is a nice rig, but an older model and very hard to find as those of who have them aren't giving them up :D

Fuji has the F11 and F10 that are nice small cameras but have no manual controls. IMHO manual controls are a must. The 810 and 900 do have manual controls. There is no Fuji housing for the 900 so you will have to Ikelite (a great product, but larger and more expensive).

I personally don't care for the Sony range nor the Sea & Sea or Sealife range. But there are others who have them and do like them so have a look around and get an idea of what will suit you.

Happy shopping.

alcina:
I personally don't care for the Sony range nor the Sea & Sea or Sealife range. But there are others who have them and do like them so have a look around and get an idea of what will suit you.

Happy shopping.
thats is what i am going to do is shop around and see what suits my needs... thanks for the info

Definitely a point and shoot ****canon**** that you like for land photography... If you are just getting into u/w photography; you want to use it above and below the water.

I suggest Canon A-series with a Canon housing to start. 4-5megapix should run you $150+ for an older model and $250+ for a newer model. The housing should be good to below 90ft and run $130+

You could get great fun shots for around $350-$400

P.S. Many of the Point and shooters will also have a Video clip mode... always another way to bring the dive home!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom