I may need to get a second job

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a scuba monster is created..............a family that dives together stays together...get another side job..(smile)

It sure is fun watching her wiggle in and out of her wesuit! :D

But...seeing how good she looks in her wetsuit reminds me of how utterly ridiculous I look in my wetsuit. :dork2:

my wife refuses to consider diving as well... but she gets motion sick easy.. but there isn't THAT MUCH under the water... and the pills do work :wink:
at least i have a lot of people here that dive and i have fun watching her and her friends bellydancing :cool2:

The sea sickness patch has done wonders for me. It is amazing the difference it has made. I went from having to sit perfectly still on a boat staring at the horizon concentrating on just. not. barfing. to it being a complete non issue and feeling like I was sitting and moving about the living room.

been there, done that (couldn't afford the t-shirt), now have a kid that is itching to learn......

Lay down the rules: Tell her "Buy all good used stuff and make it last longer than you". Of course, my wife can't dive due to high blood pressure & claustraphobia (sp?), so fortunately, I didn't have to lay down the rules.

Ha ha. My husband and I both dive. We both started at the same time. Let's just say that my income goes to keeping a roof over our heads and food in our stomachs, and his income goes almost entirely to scuba gear (and some other lifestyle toys like kayaks, etc). It is actually a bit dangerous as we are both big gear junkies and it usually ends up that we end up ordering two of everything. Two White's Fusion? Check. Two Liquivision Lynx? Check. Even when one only one us ends up with something, the other soon admires it enough to want one too. Like I said, dangerous.

However, I will say this can also be a GOOD thing. On the financial side, I have a few male dive friends who have a hard time explaining to their spouses why they need ANOTHER dive computer when they just got one last year. If she is into diving too, she'll get it. Sure, you might need to get TWO of them (and hers might even end up being "better" than yours), but she'll at least "get it". Also, this may not be true for everyone, but I also think my husband and I make great dive buddies because we best friends out of the water as well. We communicate very well and know each other very well. That translates to good buddy-ship too (without becoming one anothers caretaker!). We also get to take fun dive trips together, unlike it seems like 1/2 the people we travel with who spend 1/2 their time calling back home to their non-diving spouses. Heck, even just a short day trip of diving is a great way to spend time together. It is definitely our most major shared interest and there are lots of benefits to having that to share together!

It sounds like your wife has a great instructor and that you will soon have a new dive buddy!

Diving this sunday with my wife. Doesn't get any better than that!

I vividly remember buying my wife her first lobster dinner. But isn't it great to eat lobster together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom