I may have already asked...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only dealt with two shops so far, ScubaToys and International Scuba. I have been pleased with both and they both have their strengths/weaknesses.

First ScubaToys. Did my OW and AOW through them. I actually started my AOW through Emerald Sea but they went under and ScubaToys absorbed them in. Both my instructors there were great (Tom Ford - OW and Jeff Walters - AOW). When I bought my gear I was probably in the store looking things over for better than 4 hours. They never pressured me or complained about me taking my good ol sweet time. The only negative I've had with them was with my Nitrox class which they took over for Emerald Sea on. Keep in mind they were not setup to fill Nitrox but had a few tanks from the Emerald Sea shop filled and in the back. The first tank they brought out to me was empty (oops), fortunately I noticed it was light and we checked it. When they brought out a full tank I asked for their analyzer, they didn't have one. I called my instructor to make sure he would have one out at the lake so no big deal. Once again this was right in the middle of them picking up Emerald Sea and they did not previously fill Nitrox. I'm sure this would not be a problem today. Of course everyone knows they have great gear selection and what questions I have had they have always been able to answer.

As for International Scuba. The thing I love about this shop is the personal attention, most seem to know me by name and I haven't been in there that often. Patti, the manager, is one of the greatest people you've ever met. I've bought a tank there as well as a few other things and had an old Mares reg serviced there, no complaints. There list prices are high but I've never paid the list price so I could care less what the sticker on the item says. They've also thrown in little freebies and given great personal service. They are also right down the street from me so I use them for fills and try to throw whatever business I can there way.

Common be honest!
It’s all that dive gear and the smell of Neoprene…
“I love the smell of CHRISTO-LUBE® in the morning…”

Whats Apeks??? :rofl3:

Have a good day.. Andrew

humanphibian:
Scuba Connections in Keller is a good shop. GREAT Apeks service, NITROX, and good people....and it doesn't hurt that they are right around the corner from the house:D

Back
Top Bottom