I may have already asked...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey so here we are talking about equipment servicing at Grapevine Scuba and look what they have this Sunday!

EQUIPMENT CLASS -$100 per person. THIS SUNDAY STARTING AT 10:00AM.
Bring all your scuba equipment for this all day class in “field repair” and mystery debunking. We will go through and disassemble and reassemble all your gear and replace parts if necessary. Repair parts are extra and only one set per of gear per person. We will not have time to go over multiple sets. AQUALUNG, ATOMIC, DACOR, DIVE RITE, SCUBAPRO, SEAQUEST, SHERWOOD, SPARE AIR. This class is for beginners/not technical to more informed divers who wish a little more knowledge. If you do not have gear, we can supply. We will cover regulators, bcd, wetsuits, drysuits, cameras, computers or any other scuba type equipment that could need repair. Lunch included.

Talk about timing......

I haven't seen a lot of talk about ScubaToys in this thread. What's the general consensus of them as an LDS?

Jarrett:
I haven't seen a lot of talk about ScubaToys in this thread. What's the general consensus of them as an LDS?

Jarrett, I have a friend that takes his gear there for the annual overhaul and he is very pleased with them.....

parrotheaddiver:
Yes Bill and Francie did retire a few years ago....but I believe Bill just sold the business and still owns the property...his dad had a marine dealership there a long time ago and that is where Bill started and then grew into a dive shop....great people...

Sharky give Debra a shout she will be able to fix you up...as Alan mentioned...where are you heading to ??

Our annual trip to Coz in May, I'm just thinking ahead. the next thing I know it will be April and I won't have this done.

Thanks for all the suggestions y'all, B.T.W. those of you in the DFW area looking for activities for the kids New Year's weekend, I'm doing my monthly duty at the Dallas Aquarium at Fair Park on the 30th. Stop by and say howdy, 2 dive shows, touch tank, parahna feeding...whoo hoo!

So what kind of gear are you thinking about servicing?

I just want to take a moment to mention my experience with Lone Star Scuba in Fort Worth. I have met both Steve and Mike over there and they have always been helpful and knowledgable. Steve and Mike are both experienced divers and use the gear they sell, so I felt comfortable that they knew their stuff. They have nice gear selection too, particularly for BP/W divers.
Scuba Toys has great gear selection too, and I have been relatively pleased with their customer service. Once, I did get help from a salesman who didn't seem to know very much about diving. That didn't give me a very good feeling and made it seem kind of like a wal-mart of dive stores.
I haven't been into Surface Interval Scuba yet, but I will!

H2OU:
I just want to take a moment to mention my experience with Lone Star Scuba in Fort Worth. I have met both Steve and Mike over there and they have always been helpful and knowledgable. Steve and Mike are both experienced divers and use the gear they sell, so I felt comfortable that they knew their stuff. They have nice gear selection too, particularly for BP/W divers.
Scuba Toys has great gear selection too, and I have been relatively pleased with their customer service. Once, I did get help from a salesman who didn't seem to know very much about diving. That didn't give me a very good feeling and made it seem kind of like a wal-mart of dive stores.
I haven't been into Surface Interval Scuba yet, but I will!

I have found this situation in every dive shop I have set foot in, just because you have a bad employee at a shop doesn't mean they are all bad, same as with good employees, just because a couple of them are good doesn't mean they all are.

Sure, it happens everywhere, not just dive shops. I have been into Scuba Toys several times, and that was an isolated incident and they haven't lost my business. Most Scuba Toys' employees that have assisted me have been very knowledgeable. Just sharing my impressions.

If you are servicing Scubapro gear that's where I send everyone I know, to Lone Star Scuba, in Fort Worth. Excellent staff and excellent service with Scubapro. If it's Mares I say bring it to my shop, Troy "is the bomb" on Mares, Zeagle, Oceanic, Atomic and Dive Rite. If it's Aqualung/Sea Quest, or Scubapro go see CB Kloppe at Grapevine. I like that idea CB has of servicing your own gear class. I am going to try that to this February. Troy just doesn't know it yet but he is about to have a class.....

Richard at Adventure scuba does a good job, and he's experienced on just about every make. Adventure just got its Atomics dealership so they can now get parts.

As stated they also have a pool.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom