I may have already asked...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
...but, those of you who used to use Tucker's in Grand Prairie, who are you going to now? I need to get our equipment checked before my next trip.

Does any dive shops in DFW have a pool that they will let you use for equipment checks?

Give Debra a ring at SI Scuba just down the road in Arlington from the old Tuckers shop.
www.siscuba.com

OK, I'll ask, what happened to Tucker's? Did Bill retire?

We B Divin in North Richland Hills, Cuda in North Richland Hills, International Scuba in Carrollton, ScubaToys in Carrollton, and Adventure Scuba in Plano are the only ones I know of with on-site pools.

daniel f aleman:

I was told that Bill hadn't owned the shop for several years, they just kept the name.

As far as I know, it just closed due to lack of business, I guess they were like a lot of LDS's, having a hard time competing against the internet.

daniel f aleman:

Yes Bill and Francie did retire a few years ago....but I believe Bill just sold the business and still owns the property...his dad had a marine dealership there a long time ago and that is where Bill started and then grew into a dive shop....great people...

Sharky give Debra a shout she will be able to fix you up...as Alan mentioned...where are you heading to ??

Bruce Tipps owned the now closed Tucker's Dive shop. When he bought the business he bought the name. Things got tough and Bill had to go get the shop back. When he got it back he sold everything to recover his debt, and closed it for good.
Depends on what kind of equipment you have on where I would suggest getting it serviced. I have decided to only service what we sell. Tell us what you have and then we can suggest a shop with an onsite pool. We rent one November - April and then we have our own outdoor pool in the summer.

I love it when I see any closures or bad buisness for LDS pointing at the internet as its source. Nevermind the number of Dive shops in the dive mecha of "North Central Texas".

Buisness is an ever changing thing, you change with it, or die out, those shops that decided to not participate and fight the "internet" as it is a bad and evil thing I'm sure will feel the crunch more than other shops that decide to compete on price or dabble in a bit of e-commerce themsevles.

If your looking to get gear serviced try CB at Grapevine Scuba, he will only service gear he sells and take this from me, if he refuses to service your gear, he is doing you a favor, you do NOT want a LDS servicing gear they do not sell.

I have some history with Grapevine and would recommend them as a shop, I won't allow anyone else to touch my Atomic, I'd sell it and switch to another brand if Grapevine wasn't around.

I have not had good experiences with Cuda or We B Divin.

My experiences with SIS is limited, but would not hesitate to take gear there for servicing as their staff is friendly and they have o2 serviced equipment for me and I haven't blown anything up yet :)

Scuba Connection in Keller has friendly staff although I have no experience there with any gear purchases or service.

I have heard good things about loan star, I have not used them for anything but have spoken to a couple of their staff that seamed knowledgable.

I used to be a Tuckers regular

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom