I made a mistake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I your not planning on doing any digging on your dive just leave the knife in your kitchen.

Blue Space once bubbled...
knives out there you guys could recommend.

The Halycon kinfe is actually an Akona (I think). That is nice and small...easy to stow out of the way but sharp enough to be useful, etc.

http://www.akona.com/ak600.html

I believe the Halcyon is the "blunt-tip" model. If you need, I can take a photo of the thing in my hand so you can get sense of size...

If you're a handy DIY kind of guy, you can check out instructions from this site by ScubaBoarder Dave Dalton, and make your own. Small, cheap, and it gets the job done. Plus, you'll have the Betty Crocker Seal of Approval. :D

Blue Space once bubbled...
knives out there you guys could recommend.

And took a picture of my knife. This should give you a sense of exactly how big it is.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Big knives have their uses - if you see a shark, stab your buddy with it.

LOL!

Marc :jester:

I wouldnt use a folding knife that you store in a pocket as a primary cutting tool. If you really needed to get to that knife when you are in a stressful situation, you may have trouble getting at it. I dont like that idea of a folding knife. Looks like a good idea on paprer, but not in the water...

I dont know, maybe i just like my life a little, and I want to be able to get to my knife in seconds.

I have 3 cutting tools:

Shears, on a boltsnap in my pocket.
Small Knife, found on a dive, in a sheath on my waist

and..

One BFK, usualy in my dive kit, and sometimes straped to my leg.

I use this for one thing. Stabing into the sand on the bottom of the river to hang onto against the rushing current an Morrison ON. Works great, looks cool and the only place I ever wear it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom