I made a mistake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
I wouldnt use a folding knife that you store in a pocket as a primary cutting tool. If you really needed to get to that knife when you are in a stressful situation, you may have trouble getting at it. I dont like that idea of a folding knife. Looks like a good idea on paprer, but not in the water...

I dont know, maybe i just like my life a little, and I want to be able to get to my knife in seconds.

I agree. When you need a knife you should be able to find it blindfolded and with either hand. Speed isn't really the main concern if you ask me. To me the main issue is that once you're entangled in something every extra motion you make to get your knife is likely to make things worse.

Personally (we have a lot of nets in the water where I live) I carry two knives. One on the left shoulder and one on the waist strap. I attached a loop of bungie to both of them so the loop is out of the way when it's in the sheath but you can put your finger through the loop when you take it out. It's smaller than a lanyard and makes it less likely that you'll drop the knife. Nothing would wreck your day more than dropping your knife in the middle of cutting your way out of a net.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom