I made $100 for flipping my light switch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... wouldn't that mean I would be sending a check to MissD for my electric bill :huh:

:wink: :D
Maybe.... :D

Here the neighbours who don't have the panels just pay the electric company normally...... we sell our excess to the electric company.... so yes..... they pay us for their electricity!!! :D

Very cool, I bought several of the eco-friendly light bulbs and have been replacing the regular bulbs around the house as they burn out.

I also recently got some of the "smart strip" power strips.

Now how to change the family van over from running liquid dinosaur to something else...
Chicken poo.........you KNOW it makes sense!!! :rofl3:

(seriously....I know people who ran cars off methane collected from crap already 30 years ago! :D)

We swapped out our lights about a month ago. Waiting to see the first bill and see if there is a difference.

I also recently got some of the "smart strip" power strips.

That is what I'd like to get next. They are a little pricey at the moment ($30). I've never liked all those things like the cable staying on anyway. If I need to know the time, I have a watch. I don't need 20 boxes using electric to tell me.

Kim, I'm thinking me and solar panels is similar to an ant and a magnifying glass?????????

That is what I'd like to get next. They are a little pricey at the moment ($30). I've never liked all those things like the cable staying on anyway.

That's something else that you might want to be aware of. Almost every TV, VCR, DVD player and cable converter box sucks 50-100 W even while off, so that it can respond quickly when you hit the remote. That's at least 36 kWh/month for every device you own. More if you have to run air conditioning in the summer to remove that. IIRC, most people in North America are paying at least $0.10/kWh, so that's at least $4/month for each black box.

I just use a cheap power bar with a switch an turn things on for those few hours when I might want the TV.

If a few light bulbs can save you $100....imagine what a few panels might do (especially in Florida!:D)

Not to crap in your Wheaties, but you do realize how environmentally destructive the production of solar cells is, right? It's not like they grow on trees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom