I LOVE COZUMEL! Long trip report with lots and lots of pictures.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, in one of your replies you mentioned the camera set up you used, but what settings did you use? I know you have lots of pics but if you could just mention some of the highlights. Thanks, mv

CATWOMEN:
Hi, in one of your replies you mentioned the camera set up you used, but what settings did you use? I know you have lots of pics but if you could just mention some of the highlights. Thanks, mv

There were generally three separate types of pictures:

Wide angle - f 2.0 & 1/125 to start, metering the water and adjusting the shutter speed to get an EV of less than -1.0 for a nice blue background

Fish portraits - f 4.0 & 1/250 adjusting the strobes to get a good exposure

Macro - f 8.0 for maximum depth of field and 1/250 adjusting the strobes for proper exposure

All images were at ISO 64 and SHQ.

Does that help?

gypsyjim:
After viewing you photos I've decided that I should give my camera away, and give up. Truely awsome. Going to Belize in 9 days and you just got me primed! Thanks, Jim

Please don't do that! Have a wonderful time in Belize and take lots of pictures to share when you get back.

DSAO,
Jim

Just kidding about dumping the camera: I'll keep trying, and you've given me new standards to reach for! As for the posting of my photos? 1. they have to improve a bit first, and 2. I have to figure out how. I'm far newer to computers and digital cameras than most on this board, and I have yet to figure out how to shrink the size to fit, and how to post them. Thanks, I am excited about diving Belize. Jim

Wow! Pictures are phenomenal. And the detailed info about all the things you saw - sounds like a great trip. Thanks for sharing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom