I LOADED ZIP FILES TO PG SUCCESSFULLY...HaHa!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Loading pics here is not especially user friendly, at least not to us fumbling computer amateurs. I can load 300 to a Yahoo album, tho - in the time it takes me to load 14 here. But it can be done, in zips.

The instructions say you can load zips up to 4,000 Kb (3.9 Mb), but that does not work. I've been trying to load a 3.66 Mb (3,775 Kb) zip since the PG came back, and it tells me I did, but it does not. Finally, I got the idea of trying a smaller zip - eureka!

I think 2 Mb is the limit. I could not get 2.45 Mb Zips to load today, but could load 1.95 Mb (2,005 Kb) Zips.

BTW, before creating zip folders, I first use Windows Resizer Power Tool to reduce the average size to about 100 Kb. Then I start creating 2 Mb sub folders and zips. :thumb:

Just an update here, as I keep reading about others having problems loading pics. I keep having no problems at all as long as I stick to loading Zip files under 2 Mb. I know, the instructions say...
4000k file size limit.
ZIP file uploads allowed (50.00mb limit).
I never knew what that 50.00mb limit was about? The gallery used to accept zip loads up to 4000k (that's 3.9 Mb btw) but has not since the gallery was restored.

1-I just tried a test load twice of a 3.22 Mb zip and got the same error that many of y'all report. "Images loaded successfully" followed by "this album contains no images." :silly:

2-Then I loaded a zip of 1.7 Mb with no problem at all. See "Test Load" album in my member albums that I will leave for a few days at least as an example.

3-I have tried tests of loading full 2.0 Mb zips with no problems, but anything over 2 Mb fails.

So, for best results for now - ignore those instructions and try what is working very well for me.

Have fun...!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom